PDA

View Full Version : Need testers using Mbox on OSX (Audio Hijack Pro)

Bixby
08-07-2004, 07:59 AM
I use a handy little piece of software called Audio Hijack Pro for recording streaming stuff off the web. Well, they released a new version that now lets you record from a line-in source, including coreaudio-driven hardware. This is a nice feature for some times when I don't want to open up a full-blown recording app (PT LE or Peak for me).

I'm running OS 10.2.8 on a G3700 iBook.

Audio Hijack Pro sees an iMic and records from the line in fine. But it doesn't see the Mbox. I've spoken with the support people, and they seem to think it's due to Digi's driver.

So, if anybody is successfully running Audio Hijack Pro 2 with an Mbox as the source, let me know what your system is.

I'd really appreciate it if anyone could test this to see if it works better under Digi's coreaudio driver that's available under 10.3.x. You can get a free, fully-functional demo here:

http://rogueamoeba.com/audiohijackpro/

Oh, and no, I don't work for them or anything. I've tried their support forums, but it seems no one's using Mboxs. I know people are here.

Let me know what your results are for using the Mbox as a source in with your Mbox.

Thanks!

orage
08-07-2004, 10:14 AM
I was just able to do a quick recording through my MBox in Audio HiJack Pro. No audio (don't have any sources availible), but I was able to turn up the gain up until I saw some deflection in AHP and then popped the phantom switch in and out a couple of times.

Went to preview the audio and heard exactly what you'd expect, noise from open and unconnected preamps and then a couple of pops from the phantom going in and out.

My setup:

Powerbook 667
512 Ram
OS 10.3.4
PT 6.4
CoreManager 6.5.2

I'll try hooking a mic up to it later when I get a chance, but something tells me that it'll work.

How are you attempting to record in AHP?

Bixby
08-07-2004, 05:40 PM
Thanks, Paul.

Just to be sure, you're using Audio Hijack Pro 2, right?

So you get the Mbox as an option in the pull down menu for line in sources?

I don't get that option, though the Mbox is showing up in sys prefs and audio midi setup.

The RogueAmoeba people had me download this little program called AudioThru to see if it could see the Mbox. Because it couldn't either, they said it's likely how Digi's driver is interacting with the system is the problem. I'm guessing that's it - though I haven't had any other problems, I know lots others think this driver is squirrely.

Like I said, it works fine with the iMic as an input, though sounds pretty crappy.

Thanks again.