PDA

View Full Version : External Effects wont bounce to disk with mix!!

ThaShine2004
08-04-2004, 01:18 PM
Hi,
I am trying to figure out why my external effects aren't in my mixes once i bounce them down to disk,I have everything connected properly and i am hearing the effects during mixing when everything is still in pro tools,however as soon as i go to bounce the mix to disk they dont bounce with it;( can someone please help me with this problem as for it is very fustrating...Thankyou in advance!!

RadioMoo
08-04-2004, 02:24 PM
Did you create a master fader, and are the other faders routed to it?

Sam601
08-04-2004, 05:41 PM
Check your Low Latency setting...Deselect it. Cheers

ThaShine2004
08-04-2004, 06:39 PM
No,
I did not have a master fader during bounce to disk,However i will try that next and post the results..Thanks alot!!

CellAutomata
08-04-2004, 08:09 PM
It's best to create and audio track and record (print) the external effects to it. Then bounce your entire entire mix.

tele_player
08-04-2004, 08:14 PM
It's best to create and audio track and record (print) the external effects to it. Then bounce your entire entire mix.

Why is that best?

CellAutomata
08-04-2004, 08:29 PM
Total recall. That's why!

What if you finished your session and sold all your external effects. Wouldn't you like to open your PTLE session at a later date and hear your printed (external) effects in there!

Printing your effects into protools is just one option (which I like best) for total recall.

ThaShine2004
08-04-2004, 10:38 PM
Thanks Guys for the quick and helpful responses!
I will try both and see which suits me the bes,Also what would be the best way to go about setting up an audio track as far as bussing it for printing my external effects?

Thanks!

CellAutomata
08-04-2004, 11:02 PM
In your protools session, have your external effects come into an Auxiliary track.

Then buss that auxiliary track out to any available stereo buss outputs (say Buss 13-14 for example).

Create a new audio track and set its inputs to Buss 13-14 (of course, make sure this audio track's output is going to your master fader, so you can hear the effects).

Enable record on this audio track. Make sure that the effect's Aux and Audio tracks are set to unity-gain 0dB.

Now play the entire track and watch your external effects print as waves. Make sure you record the entire tail-end of the effects and then stop the recording.