PDA

View Full Version : Lost send function

Ping Pong
08-03-2004, 09:39 AM
Greetings to all and thanx in advance for your help. Have been running PT LE 5.2 happily for over two years on my G4 dual 450 w/1.5 gig ram. Today I was setting up a send to buss to a stereo track. After doing so and hitting the space bar to play I was not receiving the send's signal in the new stereo track. Openning the send window from the originating track I can see the proof of a signal happily boucing on the send meters, yet looking at the track that I am bussing the send to there is no signal. Yes, I have the input (on the new track) set to receive the bussed send. Now....checking the function of other sends....all sends from 1 thru 4 work fine, but 5 thru 16 do not work at all! Is this weird or what? I also have another G4 Dual 500 (audio model) loaded with PTLE 5.2. Moved everything over there and it does the same #!* thing. I have never seen this happen before. Any comments?

Rail Jon Rogut
08-03-2004, 09:58 AM
Check your Low Latency Mode option.. if that's not it.. quit Pro Tools and trash your prefs.

Rail

Ping Pong
08-03-2004, 10:46 AM
Hi Rail, Thanx for the speedy response! Gave it a try but no dice. No change...sends still not working

Ben Jenssen
08-03-2004, 11:00 AM
You might have disabled the bus. Check your I/O steup.

Ping Pong
08-03-2004, 02:38 PM
Stop the train.......just like a Chevy, it's always something stupidly simple. You ever have one of those days when you must have forgot your brain on the night stand as you left the house to go to work? I solved the problem and I am simply too embarrassed to say what it was. Thanks for your input and loyalty.....I am off to go stand in the corner.