PDA

View Full Version : Any way to convert TDM plugs to RTAS?

Dopamine
08-03-2004, 12:55 AM
When a session that was done on a TDM rig is opened in LE, the TDM plug-ins are (obviously) inactive. Is there a way to convert the plug-in to RTAS. For example, if a client brings me a song that was done in a TDM studio using Rennaisance Reverb, I would like to be able to switch the plug-in to my RTAS Rennaisance Reverb. Is this possible?

JFreak
08-03-2004, 01:10 AM
i guess you can always save your verb settings and open a RTAS version instead, and then load your verb settings from a file...

Dopamine
08-03-2004, 02:47 AM
Thanks for the suggestion, but the point is that the session is from another studio. The client wanted me to tweak a mix that he did at another studio. I had to start from scratch despite the fact that I had all the same plug ins--just in RTAS format. I'm sure I can't be the only one in this situation.

Homebelly
08-03-2004, 03:58 AM
I did this once under PT5,, i think i recall that i got a dialogue that said something like TDM SESSION PLUGS INCOMPATIBLE SEARCH FOR RTAS VERSION ?,, or something to that effect,,,
Maybe you have a dialogue preference turned off someplace,,,
This is all just a wild guess,, like i said i only did it once and i didn't have the plugs in question then any way's,,,