PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading to pro tools, is old hardware useless?

brockleycat
07-31-2004, 07:34 PM
I was Planning on buying a Digi002r and getting started on the glory that is Pro Tools; But I already have an Aardvark q10 Which i would perfer not to sell...can i link up both peices of hardware and still use the q10 in Pro Tools?

Homebelly
07-31-2004, 08:05 PM
No,,unfortunately PT will only recognize Digidesign hard ware,,
If you have other apps that you like using but dont have integration into PT with RTAS or RE-WIRE,,ie a soft sampler that has multi outs,, you could have them use the q10 and have that hard wired into you digi interface,,

brockleycat
07-31-2004, 08:16 PM
but i could use the q10 as a preamp and then run it into the digi002 right? I.E. run my q10 inputs through into one of the inputs on the dig(im not sure why i elaborated on that, im sure you all knew what i ment)i....is this a fruitless as it seems?

pk_hat
07-31-2004, 08:32 PM
but i could use the q10 as a preamp and then run it into the digi002 right? I.E. run my q10 inputs through into one of the inputs on the dig(im not sure why i elaborated on that, im sure you all knew what i ment)i....is this a fruitless as it seems?

You can use the Q's inputs and connect to the 002R via SPDIF or ADAT if your interface has a digital output. Going analog to analog wouldn't make any sense whatsoever.

where02190
08-01-2004, 03:05 PM
You can use the Q's inputs and connect to the 002R via SPDIF or ADAT if your interface has a digital output. Going analog to analog wouldn't make any sense whatsoever.

IT does if you have analog pres going into the 002 inputs 5-8, which are line level only.