PDA

View Full Version : What are the BEST/"INEXPENSIVE"/NON-DIGI controls?

RomanVail
07-30-2004, 07:34 PM
I have the 002R, dual G5, Grace 101, Fantom-S, Reason, and a bunch of plug-ins for PT LE 6.4.

I am looking to find some other options --CAN'T afford the Command-8 or Control 24... looking for a good, reliable control surface that I can use with my 002R, etc.

What do you all recommend?

I want to make sure it works with PT LE and with my gear that I listed above.

ALSO, would I need some other equpment to go along with it? I am not sure if (for example) how I woudl go about connecting a Mackie HUI or MotorMix or something like that via MIDI or whatever... Please help.

-Roman

headwerk'n
07-31-2004, 06:35 AM
Behringer BCF2000 is the most affordable moving fader control surface by far (ie. quarter of the price of MotorMix). I've been hounding Behringer as to when a PTLE preset will be made available, they're saying a couple of weeks.

Mr T
07-31-2004, 07:48 AM
You can also take a look at the Evolution UC33e. Evolution's technical support says it's compatible with PTLE. I'm still inquiring on that matter...

RomanVail
08-02-2004, 10:55 PM
Thanks guys.

So the Behringer has a motorized fader??

What do you think about the Baby HUI?

JFreak
08-03-2004, 02:54 AM

yes, and it remains to be seen if it truly works with protools. if it does, it will be interesting to see if digi drops command8 price...

martian
08-03-2004, 07:48 AM
would have thought it had a HI emulation mode?

mpark9000
08-03-2004, 12:02 PM
Thanks guys.

What do you think about the Baby HUI?

I have a Baby HUI in my "B" room. It's "OK" and functional. A lot of the features I wouldn't think I would miss, I end up missing (numerical readout, etc.). The faders have a shorter throw. They also don't reset as quickly as my Mackie Control Universal or 002. I think it's been discontinued for a reason and there may be better options at the lower price points now.