PDA

View Full Version : Logic and protools suddenly fail

music23
07-29-2004, 09:19 PM
How can i get Logic 6.4 to work with the core audio driver 6.5.2 again,do i have to reinstall.
Overnight Logic 6.4 and Protools 6.4 fail to load any projects, i get the error ...unexpectedly quit.Logic seems to have a problem with the core audio driver error message"25974" appears when logic loads.Any clues?

kenhawkins
07-30-2004, 08:33 AM
what digi product are you using?
is the the 25974 error coming from logic or the CAE?
sounds stupid but does the 1394 light come on when you start PT or Logic?
what software did you install prior to this error?

i know that in Logic particularly if you don't sync up the HW buffer size in Logic's pref's with what the CAE is showing you can get some screwy behavior, sound drops, static, pops and hardware not available. (it's a fun trick )

though i have not noticed this one in particular. i have noticed that if my machine runs for about an hour with nothing using my 002r the 1394 light (connection) drops and yet the CAE thinks it is still connected. i have to quit the Core Audio Driver, cycle my 002r and then restart the CAE (from the digi folder) to re-establish a good connection.

just shooting a few things at you. give more info....

ken;

music23
07-30-2004, 06:57 PM
Hi Ken, its been a long 24 hours,turns out i had 2 corrupt plugins they were failing to load and caused the core audio to crash everytime a song file which included them was attempting to load.I simply trashed then reinstalled them and all is good again
Thanks.