PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Major 002 hardware/fader problem

Robbis
07-29-2004, 09:55 AM
From out of nowhere my digi 002 this morning started f*cking with me. When starting up a session the hardware "clicks" and say "validating loading" a couple of times and then goes into standby mode. Protools tells me that theres no communication with the digi002. Sometimes it works just by turning the unit off and then on again but this often results in just small dots on the displays. To make it work I have to wait at least 15 minutes before I try again. And IF it works i can only run PT for a couple of minutes before it "clicks" into standby. Most of the times PT crashes.

I´ve read about different outlets, and tried it but theres no difference. And by the way, I want it to work in my studio - not in my kitchen...

Also of course I have the latest firmware.

I have tried the reset-trick (ESC-Disply- rec) but it does not do the trick.

Im really concerned because I have read about people having to replace the 002 with a new unit.

Anyone out there who can give me some advice/ share your experiences?

cheers

/Rob

mahler007
07-29-2004, 10:16 AM
On Tuesday night, my 002 started freaking out on me out of nowhere too. It kept clicking, validating, and loading- the faders would fly up, and then fly down. I couldn't get it to go into standalone mode. A little while later, it would go into standalone mode, but then the faders would click and not move. I was really bummed... The problem??

BAD POWER HARNESS!!!

There are many posts about this on the DUC. The good news is I called DIGI Tech Support at 650-731-6100 on Wednesday morning. They overnighted me a new power harness at no charge, along with detailed instructions on how to fix it, and today, less than 36 hours later, I am back in business!!

Digi has been really cool about this to everybody- evidently it's a defect in the guage wire they used in the original power harness...

Not entirely sure this is your problem, but it certainly sounds like it. Search the DUC for more info, and call tech support for a new harness...

Best,
Andrew

mpark9000
07-29-2004, 10:26 AM
Have you tried a different firewire cable?