PDA

View Full Version : can i view all posts i've posted?

healer
07-29-2004, 09:21 AM
i wrote DIGI and they seem too busy to answer me. in the past i got a terrific answer about bouncing to disk and i can't find it now that i've relocated countries. i should've saved it good, but didn't. it didn't use real time, i didn't have to fuss with plug-ins, and it bounced in stereo. it was awesome, and worked like a charm. i'd like to find it here at the DUC, all i need is a way to view my old posts. any ideas?

Avid
07-29-2004, 09:48 AM
Bookmarking is easier without frames. To view the DUC without frames, open a new blank window and go to:
http://duc.digidesign.com

Click on the Search link on the upper right side of the pages

Search by User Name:
Put in your user name

Click on your User Name on the left side of your post. Since you are already reading this, just click on your user name next to your post.

That brings up the user’s profile, in this case you are the user.

Ther is a link there to “Show all user's posts”

Click on that, and it will show all of your posts. In your case, it would be this:
http://duc.digidesign.com/dosearch.php?&Name=35798

Save the bookmark for that page in your bookmarks or Favorites folder, or just drag the bookmark icon from the address bar to your desktop. Then when you open that bookmark, it will always show all of your posts.

Another way that you can use, with or without frames, is to add any of the threads that you have posted on to your Favorite Threads list, which can be accessed by clicking on the My Home link when you are logged in. At the bottom of any thread you want to keep track of, click on the link at the bottom of the page that says:
Favorite Thread! (toggle)

Then whenever you login to the DUC, you can click on My Home, click on a favorite thread, and if it has one of your posts in it, click on your user name, etc.

i wrote DIGI and they seem too busy to answer me.

Not that busy, sleeping actually. We received your email at 1 am this morning:
> Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 01:10:58 -0700 (PDT)
> To: [email protected]

I was about to answer your email with the information above when I saw your post at the top of your post history.