Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2015, 05:11 PM

Default burning a 1 instrument or vocal line to c.d. in protools for listening

Sensibly, does it matter whether I burn an mastered instrument track to c.d. from the external hard drive or the internal hard drive ?
Old 08-15-2015, 05:12 PM

Default Re: burning a 1 instrument or vocal line to c.d. in protools for listening

Nope.
Old 08-15-2015, 05:16 PM

Default Re: burning a 1 instrument or vocal line to c.d. in protools for listening

Sorry...I mean to type....do I burn an UNmastered track of 1 instrument from the external hard drive or my internal hard drive of protools 11 on a macpro ?

My intent is to take the individually burned WAVE files....instrument or vocal parts(individual) to C.d. ( 1 part per track on c.d.) ....convert them to midi....send the midi to my NOTATION Software and hopefully save a good deal of time with getting a lot of original charts notated for live performances. Thanks all. ( the notation software is still not perfected these days with midi...so I have to have the clearest conversions going to it.)
Old 08-15-2015, 05:39 PM

Still doesn't matter. What DOES matter is; do you intend to burn a DATA CD or an AUDIO CD? If your goal is to import the audio file to another program, then burn a DATA cd. Why not just convert the audio to midi right in the session?

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave