Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2015, 11:13 AM

Default Re: "Write to All enabled Shortcut" not working...

I think most of us have worked out that there's a workaround - but I don't want a workaround, I want the slash key back on the numeric keyboard.

As it stands, there are key commands which work in the US, but not elsewhere. Avid must be the only company in the world that thinks that kind of situation is acceptable.
Old 11-12-2015, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bing181 View Post
I think most of us have worked out that there's a workaround - but I don't want a workaround, I want the slash key back on the numeric keyboard.

As it stands, there are key commands which work in the US, but not elsewhere. Avid must be the only company in the world that thinks that kind of situation is acceptable.
Basically we need to shortcut to be fixed.

If you select the area that you want to use the Write to current "cmd+/" (numeric pad), then click the Edit menu and cmd + / it will work. non-us keyboard.

Dialog Editor, Sound Designer, Re-Recording mixer

nMacPro 6Core/D500/512GB/64Gb ram | PT HD 12 HDN Thunderbolt | HD OMNI | Avid Artist Mix | Novation Impulse 25 | Waves Mercury Native | Audioease All In Bundle | SoundToys | McDSP Classic Pack | DUY Overpack | Arturia Beatstep Pro
Old 11-25-2015, 11:45 AM

still not working in 12.3.1.
Reaper 6.66, Fireface UCX

MacbookPro M1Pro PTHD2021.12 MacOS12.1
BlackmagicDesign UltraMonitor3G

MOTU 24Ao AppleTB3toTB2->AppleTB2->Ethernet->AVB
Old 11-25-2015, 04:47 PM

I just tested with a applescript and is working..

ahh from the Edit/Automation I think the Write to Current and the Write to all enable aren't the only ones that's not working...

Here is the scripts if you want to use them... I know it's not the same as the shortcut.. but.. it is what it is.

Download here - and read the readme file

ps: this is free, you don't need to have Maestro or Quickey or any other paid application to use it.

Regards

nMacPro 6Core/D500/512GB/64Gb ram | PT HD 12 HDN Thunderbolt | HD OMNI | Avid Artist Mix | Novation Impulse 25 | Waves Mercury Native | Audioease All In Bundle | SoundToys | McDSP Classic Pack | DUY Overpack | Arturia Beatstep Pro

Last edited by Marco Bernardo; 11-26-2015 at 04:28 AM.
Old 11-26-2015, 12:27 AM

With Keyboard Maestro it's very easy to bring back cmd-alt-/ ti life with a menu shortcut .....but please Avid it can't be difficult to fix!!!
Old 11-26-2015, 01:30 AM

I had the exact same issue, I posted it in a previous message in DUC. I also us Quickeys, so I made a Quickey and the issue went away..

I should also point out that I can no longer create my own keyboard shortcuts via the Mac OS keyboard shortcut feature...for whatever reason they just don't work.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0007185/
coryrizos.com

Last edited by Cryos; 11-27-2015 at 03:14 AM.
Old 11-29-2015, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco Bernardo View Post
ahh from the Edit/Automation I think the Write to Current and the Write to all enable aren't the only ones that's not working...
Yeah, I noticed the Edit/Automation/Glide Pan Only shortcut (Ctrl-Shift-/ on Mac) is also not working. When I press that key combo, the Options menu on the menu bar flashes and nothing else happens. This is no problem in my studio since I have Quickeys on all systems, but when I go elsewhere, some stages don't have Quickeys and will definitely not allow a freelancer to install Applescripts or anything else on their systems. I suppose every stage will have their own workaround since these shortcuts are essential.

BTW I have a US keyboard and the shortcut does not work on either / key, numeric or next to right shift key. PTHD 12.3.1/OS 10.8.5/HDX

Serge
Old 12-12-2015, 11:35 AM

Bump bump bump. Please fix this Avid. Every time I want to us the shortcut I have to change the input language to US english. You guys really know how to screw up a workflow. What next? Bins in the region list?
Mac M1 Studio Ultra 64GB RAM OSX 13.6, PT Ultimate 2023.12 HDn, MTRX Studio, 2x Avid S1, PT Dock...
Old 12-12-2015, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckless Erik View Post
Bump bump bump. Please fix this Avid. Every time I want to us the shortcut I have to change the input language to US english. You guys really know how to screw up a workflow. What next? Bins in the region list?
Use my applescript it will help till Avid resolve this.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k3338kfz5o...19.29.jpg?dl=0

Last edited by Marco Bernardo; 12-12-2015 at 02:34 PM.
Old 12-13-2015, 07:32 AM

Thanks Marco. It helps.
Mac M1 Studio Ultra 64GB RAM OSX 13.6, PT Ultimate 2023.12 HDn, MTRX Studio, 2x Avid S1, PT Dock...