Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2015, 10:06 AM

Default I just don't get it??? (MDW Upgrade)

I purchased the Upgrade for MDW plugin and have no idea where to find the download(it's not showing up in my account just like PT12 didn't). How long do I have to wait? Will it show up there eventually? Do I have to retrieve it on another site? Sorry, I guess I just don't understand how Avid operates. Normally with other companies whose products I purchase, whether if it's a plugin or an upgrade, it automatically shows up in my account, but I seem to always be running through hoops here. Can someone explain the process? The confusion makes me want to avoid purchasing Avid's product, which I know are great but not worth the confusion and anxiety the purchase experience creates. Purchasing something should be a pleasant experience, no?
Thank you.
Old 06-22-2015, 10:17 AM

Default Re: I just don't get it???

You mean this?

https://www.avid.com/US/products/MDW...-Parametric-EQ

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 06-22-2015, 11:08 AM

Yes, that helps, thank you. I used the installer to download MDW and when launching PT it's asks for an activation code. So, although the link you provided helped me with step #1, I'm still needing info for ALL of the steps to achieve the ultimate solution of being able to use my MDW plugin.

I know you must be giggling at someone who is so clueless who can't even get an Avid Plugin loaded, but I'm trying to learn and it's very frustrating since I NEVER have these issues with other companies (UAD for instance is pretty much automatic to gets things loaded). Please provide or guide me to step by instructions on how to get my MDW loaded properly.
When I click the Upgrade download I get this message: "There are no qualifying upgrade products on this iLok account. Please try another iLok account."
Thank you.
Old 06-22-2015, 11:26 AM

Are you upgrading from a previous version?

Old 06-22-2015, 11:38 AM

Yes, I own "MDW Hi-Res Parametric EQ v3 (RTAS TDM)". I purchased the V5 Upgrade and can't figure out if by purchasing the v5 upgrade I would get access to V5 and not just V3. Can you please explain what I got by purchasing the upgrade? Am I still stuck on v3 or do I get access to V5? What are the differences between v5 and v3? If I still do not own V5 even after purchasing the v5 upgrade, why is called a "v5 Upgrade"? This is just really confusing as usual. I placed the proper files in my plugin folder and it's still asking for an access code. Also, how do I surrender v3 iLok license?
Thanks.

Avid Knowledge Base
MDW Hi-Res Parametric EQ V3 Plug-In for V5 Owners
Downloads and instructions for edition of MDW EQ V3 that works with a V5 license

Last Updated : March 14, 2014
Products Affected : Pro_Tools_1_6, Pro_Tools_HD

Upgrading MDW EQ to V5 from V3 or earlier requires surrender of the previous version's iLok license. However, access to V3 will still be necessary for many users, especially those who:
Still have TDM systems (V5 will not work as a DSP plug-in on TDM systems)
Require access to sessions on TDM systems with V3
Can not import these sessions into Pro Tools 11 and use V5
To address this, Massenburg DesignWorks has released an edition of the MDW EQ V3 plug-in that will authorize with a V5 iLok license.
Please not that this release is only for the TDM/RTAS version of MDW EQ V3. There is no RTAS-only version of MDW EQ V3 that will work with a V5 iLok license.

If you have upgraded to MDW EQ V5 but still need to access V3, please follow these instructions:

Mac Download and Install Instructions

1. Download the following file:
MDW EQ 3.0.1r5 Plug-Ins Mac OS X
2. Open MDW_EQ_3_0_1r5_Plugins_Mac_81409.dmg. This disk image contains two files:
MDW EQ3 3B.dpm
MDW EQ3 5B.dpm
3. Place these files in the following location:
/Library/Application Support/Digidesign/Plug-Ins
4. Go ahead and replace existing MDW EQ plug-in files (if prompted).

5. You may now launch Pro Tools and use MDW EQ V3 with your V5 license.

Windows Download and Install Instructions

1. Download the following file:
MDW EQ 3.0.1r6 Plug-Ins Windows
2. Open MDW_EQ_3_0_1r5_Plugins_Win_81410.zip. This zip archive contains four files:
MDW EQ3 3B.dpm
MDW EQ3 3B.dpm.rsr
MDW EQ3 5B.dpm
MDW EQ3 5B.dpm.rsr
3. Place these four files in the following location:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Digidesign\DAE\Plug-Ins
4. Go ahead and replace existing MDW EQ plug-in files (if prompted).

5. You may now launch Pro Tools and use MDW EQ V3 with your V5 license.
Old 06-22-2015, 12:18 PM

Sending Jeffro your way. Hang tight.

Old 06-22-2015, 12:30 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcd View Post
I purchased the Upgrade for MDW plugin and have no idea where to find the download(it's not showing up in my account just like PT12 didn't). How long do I have to wait? Will it show up there eventually? Do I have to retrieve it on another site? Sorry, I guess I just don't understand how Avid operates. Normally with other companies whose products I purchase, whether if it's a plugin or an upgrade, it automatically shows up in my account, but I seem to always be running through hoops here. Can someone explain the process? The confusion makes me want to avoid purchasing Avid's product, which I know are great but not worth the confusion and anxiety the purchase experience creates. Purchasing something should be a pleasant experience, no?
Thank you.
Hi Rcd,

I just checked your account and it seems like you just purchased the wrong upgrade. What you need is the one on this LINK.

You may just file a refund for the wrong purchase on this link and just purchase the correct upgrade.

Best Regards,

YD
Old 06-22-2015, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
I just checked your account and it seems like you just purchased the wrong upgrade. What you need is the one on this LINK..
Pardon my intrusion, but why would you suggest that the OP (rcd) buys an apparently-faulty Avid version, when the OP is already using UAD?
“(UAD for instance is pretty much automatic to gets things loaded)”.

Perhaps the OP should get a refund from Avid (as the Avid version appears to have no fix in sight) – and then purchase the UAD version: http://www.uaudio.com/store/equalize...rg-mdweq5.html

Please see this lengthy DUC Thread concerning problems with the Avid version of the MDW EQ5:
http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=347990

http://duc.avid.com/showpost.php?p=2...&postcount=102

http://duc.avid.com/showpost.php?p=2...&postcount=103

http://duc.avid.com/showpost.php?p=2...&postcount=106

Genuinely trying to help – instead of making a bad situation worse.
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 * SSL UC-1 * Digidesign Command 8 * TECH 21 SansAmp 2.0 * Xvive U3 2.4Ghz Wireless Microphone * Shure SM57 & Rode NT2-A * Fender 30 & Champ 12 valve amps * M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 * PreSonus Speakers & Monitor Station V2 * Lenovo W520 laptop Type 427637U (32 GB RAM) with extra-Ports Dock + SSDs: 2 @ Samsung T5 + 1 @ Samsung T7 * 3 Screens: 15.6” Laptop + 24” BENQ GL2450-B + Samsung 27” CT550 curved Monitor * best Wife!

Last edited by unkJE; 06-22-2015 at 07:35 PM. Reason: perplextination
Old 06-22-2015, 11:32 PM
Avid

Hi unkJE,

I already checked RCD's avid account and email his ilok account. Apparently he just need to purchase the other MDW EQ upgrade and not the one that he purchased. His license is not the one that he needs to surrender for the upgrade that he purchased.

Best Regards,

YD
Old 06-24-2015, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Hi unkJE,

I already checked RCD's avid account and email his ilok account. Apparently he just need to purchase the other MDW EQ upgrade and not the one that he purchased. His license is not the one that he needs to surrender for the upgrade that he purchased.

Best Regards,

YD
Thanks for replying, even though you completely missed my point!

So, I sent this request to George at Massenburg Design Works:

Hi George

Hopefully you’re closer to fixing the Windows version of your (Avid) MDW EQ5, as I see you’ve already updated your Mac version.
http://duc.avid.com/showpost.php?p=2...&postcount=100

I’ve read that your (UAD) MDW EQ5 apparently works successfully.
http://duc.avid.com/showpost.php?p=2...&postcount=106

I’m on Windows and don’t mind waiting - if an update finally eventuates.
However, if you’ve already concluded that the Windows version is “unfixable”, would you please advise us all on the Avid DUC http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=347990

Your advice would determine whether I should then ask Avid for a refund.

unkJE (Avid DUC)
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 * SSL UC-1 * Digidesign Command 8 * TECH 21 SansAmp 2.0 * Xvive U3 2.4Ghz Wireless Microphone * Shure SM57 & Rode NT2-A * Fender 30 & Champ 12 valve amps * M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 * PreSonus Speakers & Monitor Station V2 * Lenovo W520 laptop Type 427637U (32 GB RAM) with extra-Ports Dock + SSDs: 2 @ Samsung T5 + 1 @ Samsung T7 * 3 Screens: 15.6” Laptop + 24” BENQ GL2450-B + Samsung 27” CT550 curved Monitor * best Wife!