How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > RTAS & TDM Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2014, 07:38 AM

Default Addictive Drums Freezes

Hi -

I'm running Pro Tools 10.3.9 with an Eleven Rack on an iMac 2.8 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo - OS 10.8.5 with 4 GB of RAMM and using 184 of 500 GB on the computer's hard drive.

I own and have been easily running Addictive Drums without any problem. However, when trying to use my newly purchased Addictive Drums 2, it runs ok for a while and then freezes in the middle of playing one of the drum loops. The audio meters for the track continue to display signal, but there is no audio, and the controls on the AD 2 GUI cannot be engaged.

If I shut down my computer and launch Pro Tools again, I'm able to use AD 2 for a short time before the problem recurs.

All other instruments, including Strike, Velvet, Structure, Transfuser, Hybrid, DB-33, Boom, Xpand2, etc. are running with no problem at all.

XLN support suggested increasing the buffer size to 1024, which I did, but it didn't resolve the issue. I let them know the results but haven't heard back from them for quite a while.

I have also reinstalled the software to no avail.

Any help you could offer in resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated, since I would like to take advantage of the new features offered by AD 2.

Many thanks,
Steve

Last edited by keystation; 11-28-2014 at 01:42 PM.