Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 11-06-2013, 02:38 PM

Default Database Internal Error, code 11

Noob, here guys. I purchased PT 11 about 2 months ago and it has been running fine with Macbook pro OS X 10.8.5. All of the sudden, on app launch, "Database Internal Error, code 11" pops up and quits Pro Tools on me. Any suggestions??
Old 11-06-2013, 02:57 PM

Default Re: Database Internal Error, code 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miron02 View Post
Noob, here guys. I purchased PT 11 about 2 months ago and it has been running fine with Macbook pro OS X 10.8.5. All of the sudden, on app launch, "Database Internal Error, code 11" pops up and quits Pro Tools on me. Any suggestions??
Try deleting preferences and databases. Standard troubleshooting step start at the "Help us Help You - READ THIS Before Posting!" link above on this web page.

If that does not work does this only happen on a specific session?

Darryl
Old 11-06-2013, 05:23 PM

Thanks for the response Darryl. I deleted the database (which contained nothing), but Pro Tools still wouldn't boot up. When I open pro tools, the avid/pro tools 11 window comes up like normal, and then freezes for a second or two on "initializing databases" before I get the error code 11. Where do you find the preference folder? This is really bumming me out.
Old 11-06-2013, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the response Darryl. I deleted the database (which contained nothing), but Pro Tools still wouldn't boot up. When I open pro tools, the avid/pro tools 11 window comes up like normal, and then freezes for a second or two on "initializing databases" before I get the error code 11. Where do you find the preference folder? This is really bumming me out.
The instructions are all in the same link above. You followed them exactly to delete the database? Follow the exact instructions for your exact OS. What exact files are you looking at (full filesystem path) that were empty?

What have you changed on your system? Automatic updates are disabled? is the system properly optimized for Pro Tools (all under that link above). Do every last thing described there.

Are there any other unusual/interesting/suspicious lookign errors from the system around the time this happens (look using Console.app).

Try creating an new administrator account and repeat tryign to start Pro Tools from there. If that does not work unisntall (use the clean option) and reinstall Pro Tools.

Darryl
Old 11-07-2013, 01:24 PM

None of these worked for me. The only thing that I did before PT wouldn't work, was a Time Machine back up to an external hard drive. On that note the disk utility window looks a little fishy with Pro Tools under the column on the left.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2013-11-06 at 10.05.27 PM.jpg (20.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-07-2013, 01:29 PM

Quote:
None of these worked for me. The only thing that I did before PT wouldn't work, was a Time Machine back up to an external hard drive. On that note the disk utility window looks a little fishy with Pro Tools under the column on the left.
Nope that is just a Pro Tools .dmg installer image you have somewhere.

Nothing worked, not even a complete uninstall and reinstall of Pro Tools?

Darryl
Old 11-07-2013, 01:39 PM

Try this for deleting databases/preferences...

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=340741

Pete
Old 11-07-2013, 02:26 PM

Thanks so much, after deleting the top 4 in that app, nothing changed. After I deleted them all, Pro Tools finally loaded and works. Thanks so much guys!!
Old 11-07-2013, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Thanks so much, after deleting the top 4 in that app, nothing changed. After I deleted them all, Pro Tools finally loaded and works. Thanks so much guys!!
That is great it is working, and its is definitely a handy tool, but just FYI should be the same effect as having manually followed the instructions in the link above.
Old 11-08-2013, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
That is great it is working, and its is definitely a handy tool, but just FYI should be the same effect as having manually followed the instructions in the link above.
True, it doesn't do anything 'magic' it just gathers several things together in one place. Also, the link you refer to mentions the old unmaintained Pro Tools Pref helper and doesn't mention where the Pro Tools 11 support files are - they have different names and are in different places.

Pete