Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2012, 04:15 PM

Default Re: Yes I'm yelling about this mBox update problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I been following this thread and the more I read I starting to think this is Ski Beatz, if so I would think Avid would want to the address the issue with you foremost, off the strentgh of who you are....
Pt 8, Reason 5, Recycle 2.1, Ableton Live Suite 8.02
Plugs >
All Registered plug in's & Vinyl out the wazoo. Mp3 sucks
Old 12-19-2012, 02:52 PM

Default Re: Yes I'm yelling about this mBox update problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow this is getting ridiculous.. Im on SKI's side here.. If you bought a car and a week later the transmission fails would you just take it to a shop and pay for repairs or demand that the place you bought it from fix it? If you meal came half eaten at a restaurant would you not send it back? Or i guess you would just say "well that's a shame, ill have to buy another plate". This problem hasn't stopped me from recording. i have a much larger recording rig. Thats the reason im willing to wait for avid to come out with a fix than to shell out money so i can keep recording immediately. The bottom line is that i never received the product that i payed for. And yes, That concludes todays rant..
Old 12-20-2012, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan.TweekStudios View Post
wow this is getting ridiculous.. Im on SKI's side here.. If you bought a car and a week later the transmission fails would you just take it to a shop and pay for repairs or demand that the place you bought it from fix it? If you meal came half eaten at a restaurant would you not send it back? Or i guess you would just say "well that's a shame, ill have to buy another plate". This problem hasn't stopped me from recording. i have a much larger recording rig. Thats the reason im willing to wait for avid to come out with a fix than to shell out money so i can keep recording immediately. The bottom line is that i never received the product that i payed for. And yes, That concludes todays rant..
Exactly.
Just because I have the means to keep working doesn't help the kid who could barely afford the mBox in the first place.
Who knows how much this is actually affecting some people?

You guys have got to stop thinking this is about me and my mBox.
I have owned and still own lots of Avid/Digi hardware.
Some I purchased new, some used but aside from the 002 firewire problem which ironically enough only affect my 002R not the 2-002 consoles has been my only speed bump with Digidesign.

The bricking of the 3rd gens would be a little easier to accept if it was in a smaller population or at least something the user cause to happen, but it's not.
The fact that it happens with PT 8, 9 or 10 makes it even more unsettling.

It's not about bashing Avid it's about getting them to step up and resolve the issue without additional cost to the user.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:58 AM

HNY

I'm still here and so is the problem.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:01 AM
Avid

Question Re: Yes I'm yelling about this mBox update problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have been reviewing this thread, and don't blame you for being frustrated about this (though it's actually not as common as is being implied here). It's my understanding that only the Mbox Pro has a firmware update so it's not clear why a failure is occurring with Mbox or Mbox Mini. Still, we are committed to finding the cause and solving the problem.

It would help to know:
  1. What interface do you have?
  2. What rev is your interface?
  3. What is the exact error you are getting?
  4. What OS platform/version are you on?
  5. What driver version did you install when the problem started?
  6. What driver version was installed previously (when the interface was working)?
Thanks for providing as much of this info as you can.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
It would help to know:
  1. What interface do you have?
  2. What rev is your interface?
  3. What is the exact error you are getting?
  4. What OS platform/version are you on?
  5. What driver version did you install when the problem started?
  6. What driver version was installed previously (when the interface was working)?
Thanks for providing as much of this info as you can.
1. mBox Gen 3

2. Hardware sticker says PN: 9310-65061-00 Rev A (on black label)
Registration card says PN: 9900-53110-12 Rev B
Both show same bar code SN: ends with... B
Hardware also shows a bar code of :9100-65006-00 above S/N

3. All the L.E.D.s on the unit light up and it can't be recognized by neither a PC or Mac

4. The unit was originally functioning properly on a Win7 64-bit system

5. & 6. Version 1.0.22 for Windows, prior to that it was running fine with Version 1.0.19

The driver update ran then upon system reboot all the L.E.D.s were lit and it was no longer recognized by the computer.
The mBox has been connected to;
3 different Windows laptops (2 - Win7, 1-Vista)
3 different desktop machines (2-Win7, 1-XP)
1 iMac running Snow Leopard

Even took it to Sam Ash and connected it to their computer.

In all cases the unit lights up all it's lights and the computer doesn't see it connected.
It doesn't register it's presence at all meaning it doesn't show as an unrecognized device in need of a driver.
The computer doesn't detect the fact that it has been connected.

With these same computers I can hook various interfaces such as the mBox2, 002 Console or 003 rack to them and they are fine.
Uninstalling the Avid software and drivers never made a difference thus the reason for trying it out on 2 computers that had never seen anything from Avid or Digidesign.
Thx

Last edited by DigiTechSupt; 01-08-2013 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Removed serial # from post. Rev (B) is enough info.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:27 PM
Avid

Post Re: Yes I'm yelling about this mBox update problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for the detailed info. I set up a support case hoping that we'll be able to get you up and running and then take what we learn from your case to help others (KB article or change in the driver if needed).
Old 01-08-2013, 07:51 PM

DTS let us know the outcome please! My tuner still won't work (doesn't even show up) and I did get the support code! We could never find a solution! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am the main songwriter/performer for Midwest Whitetail, Cabela's Deer Nation, Spring Thunder, and Northern Waters Series!
Old 01-08-2013, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Thank you for the detailed info. I set up a support case hoping that we'll be able to get you up and running and then take what we learn from your case to help others (KB article or change in the driver if needed).
Thanks, much appreciation for this.
The Gen3s are great units when they work properly and users would rather have them working than go with something else.

Also thank you forum members for your tolerance with this thread.
As mentioned previously my intent was not to bash Avid.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:36 PM

I'm having the perpetual firmware updating issue as well. Everytime I turn on my macbook and login, it says "updating mbox firmware" and it lasts for a bout 10 secs, and disappears, and then the mbox pro isn't recognized and I need to unplug it's firewire connection and reconnect it, and then my macbook recognizes it. This is quite a disappointment after spending $1,000 on this thing and factoring in how much troubleshooting I've had to do.