Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post | Community Terms of Use | Avid.com Home Page

Google the Forum | Search Knowledge Base | Search Avid.com

Find Support | Support FAQ | Avid Support How To Video Series

Software Updates, Drivers, Manuals, Compatibility, Troubleshooting, etc. (Links)

Please post your message once only to the correct forum
Help us Help You - READ THIS Before Posting!

Pro Tools 11 Information

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)

Old 04-19-2011, 07:18 PM

Default Pro Tools/Midi/No sound

Hey there!

I have a Yamaha P-95 Midi keyboard, using a M-Audio Uno USB interface directly into a port on a Mac G5 10.5.8. Also have an M-Audio Pre-USB hardware interface. Im trying to use it for both Garageband 3 & Pro Tools 8 M-Powered.

The issue Im having is simply, not getting any sound/levels from my keyboard in either Garageband or Pro Tools.

I checked the USB connection from the keyboard to the port & updated the driver. I checked the Audio Midi Set-Up and it SEEMS to be correct. And in Pro-Tools, I set up the correct Midi track & Aux track(s), And I still cant get any sound/levels coming out of Pro-Tools or Garageband...any idears?

thanks mucho! ben
Old 04-20-2011, 05:23 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools/Midi/No sound

Keyboard midi out into midi in of Mobile pre right? check that

Then go into pref. and make sure the midi channels are showing up and set.

Then set up a inst. track and add a v.i.

good luck
Old 04-20-2011, 09:14 AM

i think what you're getting confused here is midi and audio. Midi notes themselves don't have audio. Midi is just a communication tool and the way to get sound out of them is to play the instruments. Of course i might be mistaken and i apologize for assuming you made such an error.
Old 07-25-2013, 04:28 PM

HI, I've got my Yamaha psr e413 plug into the PC and using pro tools 10, the midi is giving signal to pro tools because I can see the midi bars, and the setting in the keyboard is 'PC2' but I can not hear anything (interface m audio, pc speaker, keyboard) nothng at all, what is happening.

I would thank for a clear reply