Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 02-12-2011, 08:28 AM

Default Pro Tools LE 8 setup error please help :(

Hey Guys,

I had bought the Mbox 2 which had the pro tools LE 8 with it when i was on vacations in the united states. I had installed it in my laptop for the time being. Now im back home and i got a desktop made for it and when i try to launch the setup file it says error performing inpage operation. I even tried to install it back to the same laptop and it gives the same error. desperately need help
Old 02-12-2011, 09:03 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools LE 8 setup error please help :(

If you registered and authorized, there should be PT 8 to download in your account.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:41 AM

thanks for the quick response .. i registered it and got a confirmation code. But what account ?
Old 02-12-2011, 11:24 AM

avid.com --> login to your account where your Avid products are registered.

Where did you register?
Old 02-13-2011, 04:50 AM

i registered it at avid.com somewhere and i got a confirmation code .. im new to this so dont know a whole lot about it
Old 02-13-2011, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adnan View Post
i registered it at avid.com somewhere and i got a confirmation code .. im new to this so dont know a whole lot about it
Just see if you can login! Otherwise create an account.
The login is located at the top of the web page right.
Old 06-11-2012, 04:38 PM

Exclamation Re: Pro Tools LE 8 setup error please help :(

Hello everyone,

Im having a similar issue as the OP,
not to long ago i had purchased Pro tools LE 8 along with the M box mini2, and had it installed and ready but was running into issues with my computer at that time, and eventually re formatted and lost everything.

So here i am now attempting to re-install it finally on new computer, and am having absolutely no luck.

everytime i click the Setup.exe on the ProTools Le 8 install disk it lags up really bad, after about ten or more minuets, i get an error

E\:setup.exe
inpage operation error.
and my drive window will "crash" and become unresponsive.
Been checking around the forums for a little bit and it seems to be the closest to my issue.

Also additionally i purchased my product on the Sweetwater website. im not sure if that is relevant or not.

So thanks in advance and please, any information will help.
ps sorry about any n00bness towards the boards.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:20 PM

Also i would like to express a small amount of desperation. ive registered the product and an account on avid.com as i did not purchase the product from avid.
now the product is registered and it its asking for a activation code,

now this where it gets kind of tricky,

im currently missing the original Mbox, box, the original box it came in, its been so long im not even sure what was all inside, and Sweetwater.com the site ibought it off of doesnt even have the product anymore. however

i DO have the following,

i have all the original protools disks, the setup guides, and the Mbox mini2 interface itself. also the registration card (luckily) . the only Activation code i have is on the PT disk its self, but the problem is, its telling me the code is invalid.

Can anyone tell me anything. about the setup disk itself, the download and why it wouldnt be functioning.
anything at all would be amazing. im very desperate.

as far as i know i have two functional products, and its would a shame for it to go to waste.
Old 09-27-2012, 03:38 AM

Lightbulb Re: Pro Tools LE 8 setup error please help :(

Don't know whether your problem is fixed.. but for knowlegde sharing purposes, here is my experience and solution:

I've had this same error when launching the setup from the DVD menu.

I thought, and still think, I have a compromised DVD cause some glue is on it from the carton.

However, I tried my other DVD drive and it launched immediately. So I'd give that a try and if you don't have a second DVD drive (which I assume considering you posts) maybe borrow an external drive from someone.

Victorious feelings were then soon killed as I got this problem next:
Creative collection error 2147213312
Which also is suspected to be a bad DVD issue. I got through that one (and much more) eventually also.

I guess downloading an install from the site or getting a new DVD is the best way to go here.

Hope this helps!

(First post! Yeehaa!)