Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Additional Resources

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 04-08-2010, 10:57 AM

Default Once again "Content Not Found error with Strike"

Hi all, I have spent so much time trying to fix things that dont work with Digidesign/Air products that I´m going crazy and now this AGAIN!!.
This what I wrote to Digidesign support today:

" I just got my Pro Tools Instrument Expansion Pack and installed Strike and it WILL NOT set the path to the content folder. I have tried all suggestions, run the set strike content location utility (from the correct library) installed it on Win XP 32 and on Win 7 Ultimate 64, installed it with Strike 1.0 installed and without 1.0 prior to 1.5, moved the content library to another drive.... nothing works and I'm getting real angry. Also when its been installed to
.... Air Content\Strike the directories Mixes, Styles and Kits dont contain any files. Also there are no Strike Data1.big file there, should it be like that? Please fix this for me or I will explode. "

Another "great" thing is that after you updated your Ilok with this new license you want beable to use Strike 1.0 any more, the old license are gone.
So in my case I have no Strike at all to play with at this time, Jiiippee.

So have any of you out there figured this out? I have no more idees.

/Hasse
Old 04-08-2010, 07:02 PM

Default Re: Once again "Content Not Found error with Strike"

Web Installer or Disk Installer?
Old 04-08-2010, 07:44 PM

If your using a dedicated Sample Drive does it have the same drive letter in both operating systems?

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 04-08-2010, 11:00 PM

Its a web download in all its glory
I tried both using the system disk C: and another internal drive with the same result. I also checked the Windows registry for reference to Strikes path and there its correct but it dosent seem to matter when I run it in PT.

If one of you guys have a running Strike, does it include a "Strike Data1.big file" and files in Mixes, Styles and Kits? Mybe the web download are missing files.

Also, did you have Strike 1.0 installed or not prior to the 1.5 install?

Thanks for you replies.

/Hasse
Old 04-08-2010, 11:47 PM

For Windows there should have been three zip files for Strike Content. Did you unzip them leaving them in their folder hierarchy. The installer should ask to locate unzipped Strike Content folder 1, 2 and 3 respectively. Strike 1.5 is a self contained installer, there is no need for previous installers.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:00 AM

Hi filosofem

There was 4 Zip files 3 with content and 1 with the setup.exe and during the install there was no complains, all 3 content "disks" was used.
The thing that I still wonder are if there should be a Strike Data1.big or not?
My install gave me Strike Data2.big to Strike Data9.big, could you check if you have Strike Data1.big, if so then there are something wrong with the download.

And also, if you have Strike Data1.big in what of the 4 zip files was it contained?

/Hasse
Old 04-09-2010, 12:20 AM

You are missing two files - Strike data1.big and Strike data10.big. Which content folder they came from I could not tell you. Someone may chime in and answer that for you. Either that download the three content zips again.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:38 AM

Ok thanks for that reply, then there are still hope for my poor soul

I might have Strike Data10.big also I'm not sure since I'm not at home but I know for sure that I don't have Strike Data1.big.

So if someone knows in what zip file its suppose to be in please tell me so, but I'm pretty sure that someone made a fu** up with the web files, if I'm correct about that then its a big disgrace since I spent two days with this, normally I charge 150$/hour for troubleshooting but with Digi we all do it for free, good for them
Old 04-09-2010, 09:18 AM

Ok so this is what I´ve done. Since I have both Mac and Windows I checked my Mac Install_Strike_Disc_1_mac_v15_65549 file and surprise surprise there we have the god dam Strike data1.big file.

So I copied that file and put it in my Windows Strike_Content_1_win_v15_65545 directory and installed Strike again and we have lift off.

Ok so far so good, so then I downloaded all the Windows zip files again and now when I open Strike_Content_2_win_v15_65547.zip I found Strike data1.big file that was not there Wednesday.

This leaves us to options 1. Someone at Avid read this thread and fixed the fu.. up but didn't tell us. 2. Im an idiot. I vote number 1
Anyway, people that now download the web version will probably get it right the first time.

Thanks for reading and helping.
Hasse
Old 04-09-2010, 09:44 AM

Hi, I downloaded Strike 1.5 the first day it was available... 24 hours of downloading...

Anyway, this is what is in the zip files I have:

Strike_win_v15_65546.zip
AIR Virtual Instruments.pdf
Set Strike Content Read Me.pdf
Strike 1.5 Read Me.pdf
Strike Setup.exe

Strike_Content_1_win_V15_65546.zip
Set Strike Content Read Me.pdf
Set_Strike_Content_Location.exe
Strike data2.big
Strike data3.big
Strike data9.big

Strike_Content_2_win_V15_65546.zip
Strike data1.big
Strike data10.big
Strike data7.big
Strike data8.big

Strike_Content_3_win_V15_65546.zip
Strike data4.big
Strike data5.big
Strike data6.big

You might have downloaded a zip file that was corrupted during the download.

cheers, harryk
PT 12, Gigabyte GA-X79-UD3 ATX LGA2011 MB,Intel Core i7-3930 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor,Asus NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 2GB GDDR3 PCI-e Video Card, Patriot Viper 3 Low Profile Blue 32GB (4x8GB),Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo CPU Cooler, Rosewill Stallion Series RD700 700W Power Supply,Western Digital Caviar Black Internal system/session/samples,Windows 7 Professional 64-bit,Mbox2