Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 03-14-2008, 12:00 PM

Default Can\'t open Reason Adapted 3.0 after install

I can't open Reason Adapted 3.0 on my Mac PPC after first install. The install process off the disk instructs me to just drag the folder onto the Hard drive but when I try and open RA I get a "Failed to setup Rex system properly, exiting." error window. :?: Never had this trouble with RA 2.5 which I do still have installed because I have 2 songs in the works That are using 2.5 and would like to keep it there. The install instructions say to keep the older version for songs that use 2.5....you just can't update those songs or open them in RA3. I just can't figure out why this won't open?! Any help from RA users most welcome.
Focusrite Saffire Pro 40
Ableton Live 9/Presonus Studio 3

I no longer use Pro Tools and just as happy!
Old 03-14-2008, 01:16 PM

Default Re: Can\'t open Reason Adapted 3.0 after install

Have you launched Reason in standalone mode? Apparently this is a one time excercise that's required to install certain rewire components.

http://www.myspace.com/philogg
Old 03-15-2008, 06:23 AM

Yes, the first time I tried to fire it up after install was just in standalone mode....and I got the error. It's perplexing because it's the first time I had any problems like this with an install. I thought that it had something to do with RA 2.5 being already on there...but now I'm thinking it has nothing to do with it. I dragged 2.5 to the trash and re-installed 3.0 but still same error. I have a 30-day support with this Ignition pack, so I called tech. support yesterday....very nice guy on phone gave me some instructions on a possible remedy which came from propellerheads software(who give no support for RA 3.0, which is rather abysmal!):

"This alert sometimes pops up when launching Reason after another REX
compatible application has been installed."

Here's how to resolve this.

1. Perform a system wide search for REX Shared Library **
2. Delete all instances of found files with that exact name.
3. Launch Reason, and the file will be restored.

....but I don't think this applies...the only thing that came up with this search was a REX Shared Library alias, I deleted that but sill no go. I repaired disc permissions 3 times and then another re-install and still can't open the program. Really quite perplexing.
Focusrite Saffire Pro 40

Old 03-15-2008, 01:38 PM

.....now I'm getting a new error window....

"Remote system could not be installed because access to the global application support folder was denied"
"try running disc utilities then repair permissions and then reopening Reason"

I keep doing repair permissions but keep getting this error messege.

CAN....NOT....FIGURE...THIS....OUT.....

any help on this would be great.....the prop forum is just SO useless when it comes to RA.....just no support there or from prop themselves...which is shameful, really.
Focusrite Saffire Pro 40

Old 03-18-2008, 06:40 AM

Quote:
.....now I'm getting a new error window....

"Remote system could not be installed because access to the global application support folder was denied"
"try running disc utilities then repair permissions and then reopening Reason"

I keep doing repair permissions but keep getting this error messege.

CAN....NOT....FIGURE...THIS....OUT.....

any help on this would be great.....the prop forum is just SO useless when it comes to RA.....just no support there or from prop themselves...which is shameful, really.
I have the same problem, please help me !!

"try running disc utilities then repair permissions and then reopening Reason" -> no ok...

THX
Old 03-18-2008, 09:03 AM
Avid

Go to MacHD>Library>Application Support and trash:

Propellerhead Software (folder)
Reason Engine
ReWire
Rex Shared Library
Rex Shared Library Bundle

(if you don't see some of these, that's ok..)

Empty the trash, restart and relaunch Reason - it should reinstall all the proper components.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:04 AM

I can help you out on this one! Thanks to a very nice Digidesign support rep. I was able to figure out the problem. It seems that an existing version of Reason Adapted...in this case 2.5, can prevent the newly installed version from accessing the "Propellerheads Software" folder in the library>applications support folder. Once I deleted that and re-installed 3.0 the new version places a new "Propellerheads Software" folder in the applications support folder and the new version works. Which is good, but only after I let the installer put rewire 2 on there.
The only thing is that I still can't figure out how both can run on the same system as I'm led to beleive from the instructions on the disc...as only one can use that folder. I have 2 songs that are still currently using 2.5 so that's the only reason I care....I'll probably never use 2.5 again except for that. Let me know how this works for you!
Focusrite Saffire Pro 40