Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-18-2019, 05:05 PM

Default Focusrite 18i8, iMac High Sierra, Midi keyboard

I am setting up a new PT config. I have a Yamaha P-105, iMac Late 2013 running MacOS 10.13.6, and a Focusrite 18i8 2nd gen. I would love a link to step by step instructions that takes me from the MacOS set up for midi connect, through PT setup of hardware and Peripherals, and on to the I/O.

I have found set up vids for various parts but I am still missing a connection somewhere*.

The Focusrite software is installed and the USB connection light on the front indicate the computer knows about it.

I can see the keyboard and IAC in the Audio Midi Setup.

But... I don't get how to hook that to PT and test recording.

All help greatly appreciated.

*As aside, hopefully humorous for some, I got through this on my other system that is currently sidelined due to the Catalina update. This makes me feel like a real Homer Simpson... I just failed to take good notes.