Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2011, 07:14 PM

Default Mbox 2 Protools 9? Help!

Ok, so I recently got protools 9, a upgrade from protools 8 LE which came with my mbox 2. Now that I have 9 however, i cant for the love of me get my mbox 2 to work on it. I installed the drivers, or so i think i have, but nothing. The lights are dim on my mbox and nothing is coming through in protools.

Im a bit of a novice in this, any idea what to do?
Old 06-13-2011, 09:08 PM

Default Re: Mbox 2 Protools 9? Help!

The first thing you should do is drop your font size.

The second thing you should do is read this:

Help us Help You - READ THIS Before Posting!

and perhaps this:

Pro Tools Compatibility Grids

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515
Old 06-13-2011, 10:00 PM

Your not helping. Your just copying and pasting nonsense. I've already been there. Drop the high and mighty attitude please.
Old 06-13-2011, 11:03 PM

Right, great attitude will get you a lot of help.

If you want help, we need information from you. If you HAD read it, you'd have provided a Sandra report, and other details we need.

If you think I'm being high and mighty, you need to take a step back, considering how large the font was in your first post.

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515
Old 06-14-2011, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalerra View Post
Your not helping. Your just copying and pasting nonsense. I've already been there. Drop the high and mighty attitude please.
Ease up turbo! As Dism already stated, if you'd read the Help us Help You link at the top of the forum then you would have known to post a Sandra report so we can see exactly what you're working with...otherwise we can't be of any real help. He's not being "high and mighty" just factual...I've been hanging around this forum for a a little while now and have never found Dism to be anything but helpful...
PT10, Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56, Eleven Rack, i7 950 @3.80GHz, Noctua NH-D14 CPU cooler, GA-X58A-UD3R, Corsair CMD12GX3M6A1600C8 12GB, SAPPHIRE VAPOR-X HD5770 1GB GDDR5 PCIE, Caviar Black 500GB 32MB Cache OS drive, 2x Caviar Black 1TB 64MB Cache Sata3 (Audio and library), Broadcom BCM94322MC wireless network adapter
W7 - 312 dverbs @ 64 buffer/ 403 dverbs @ 1024
Old 06-14-2011, 03:13 AM

Read the box - Im pretty sure many of the Mbox's does not work with pro tools 9, so you probably have to upgrade your box
Old 06-14-2011, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macster72 View Post
Read the box - Im pretty sure many of the Mbox's does not work with pro tools 9, so you probably have to upgrade your box
Perhaps you should read the box...

The original MBox is not supported on PT 9.

The obnoxious OP has an MBox 2, which is supported...
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh
Old 06-14-2011, 09:43 AM

Help us help you - what you need to know before posting!

Quote:
Information That You Need to Provide When Posting
To enable Digidesign Technical Support and other users to assist you with your problem, PLEASE provide a complete system profile as well as a complete description of the problem you're experiencing, including the exact text and error numbers in any error messages you're getting.

By "complete" we mean - describe exactly what's occurring in as much detail as possible, what you're doing in Pro Tools when the problem occurs, what any relevant settings are, list any troubleshooting steps you've tried as well as any other info that may be relevant. The more detail you can provide, the easier it is for us and other DUC members to help you. If you do not provide enough info, we're just going to be referring you back here until you do. This is important - we're not asking you because we feel like it, but because we need the info to troubleshoot properly. We can't see your system, how you're working, what your settings are or anything like that, so you need to provide that information so we have solid info to work from.

When writing your post subject heading, make sure it's an accurate description of the problem you're having. It's better to write something like 'DAE Error 9073 when playing back on 002R' than 'HEEEELLLLPP!'. It will make identifying the urgency of your problem more apparent, as well as aid others when doing a search for previously reported issues.

At the very least, we need the following information (Windows users - see below for additional requirements!):
  • Computer model and processor speed
  • OS version
  • Digidesign or M-Audio hardware model
  • Pro Tools version
  • Amount of RAM installed
  • A complete and precise description of any attached peripherals (hard drives, video devices, other firewire or USB devices that may be attached, etc). We need to know to which port on the computer they're connected to, what type of cables you're using (is it a FW800-FW400 adapter cable? How long is it? Are you using an extender or repeater?) and, if you've tried replacing cables, what the differences were between the original and the replacement.
  • Number and type (firewire, SATA, SCSI, etc) of drives installed, how they're formatted and which one(s) you're using for recording and playback.
  • A concise list of the troubleshooting you've already tried - please be as specific as possible! The first thing we'll ask is 'Have you done everything in the Setup and General Troubleshooting thread?', so we'll want to know that you've done ALL of it and, if you've not done everything, we need to know what you have or have not done, as this can have a huge impact on further troubleshooting.

Windows users need to provide a Sandra report

- Please - Use SiSoftware's Sandra Lite application to generate a full system profile:

www.sisoftware.co.uk

Under SiSoftware Sandra, click on "Download & Buy" to download the free Sandra Lite version or purchase other versions. After installing Sandra, click on the 'Hardware' tab and run the 'Computer Overview', then copy and paste into your post here on the DUC.

The more information you can provide, the easier it will be for Tech Support and other users to assist you - take the time now to document everything you can and you'll save time in the long run. We can't express enough the importance of describing everything in extreme detail - remember, no one here can see how your gear is configured, so we need an accurate description by you to get a clear picture. The better we can envision your setup, the easier it will be to troubleshoot.

If you have been referred to this thread and reply without providing the information requested above, including the Sandra report for Windows users, your post is very likely to be given lower priority in favor of those who have provided complete information.
Avid Audio Tech Support
Old 06-14-2011, 09:48 AM

you need to uninstall everything first
then reinstall but do not connect the box untill it tells you to
Old 06-14-2011, 07:00 PM

Enough with this Sandra report. The speed of my cpu, and my operating system details are not going to help you guys get a answer.

Its like asking what the weather is like today, and the person replying with, "give me your pilot license first".

I'm running a MBOX generation 2 on windows 7.
System stats are 3.2x6 AMD, 16 gigs of ram, crossfire ATI 9890x2 , and a creative XFI titanium sound card.

With the old protools 8 LE It prompted me to connect the Mbox during installation. With protools 9 it only cares about the digi design USB.

So enough pointless posts, if you have an answer let me know. Don't troll... and I don't want any more request for a Sandra report!