Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 01-27-2012, 10:42 AM

Location: Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Observable Universe
Default EuControl kaput problem

Everything stopped working today with EuControl, while the devices are recognized by EUcontrol and "active" in "My Surfaces", the communication with Logic just isn't happening --> it cannot communicate or lock on any other application either, not even the Finder or Firefox.

This already happened once before and a reboot did the trick, something that unfortunately I cannot do at the moment...

So please just take notice: When a ip changes, or the ethernet wire is disconnected and reconnected, either Eucon or the Mac os X system won't adapt itself, restarting EuControl 5-6 times doesn't work either, and your forced to reboot.

Couldn't it be programmed in a manner that issues like this do not occur?
Old 01-28-2012, 09:12 AM

Default Re: EuControl kaput problem

So I restarted my computer this morning and it works.

So to sum it up: I am forced to restart my computer every time an ethernet wire is disconnected and reconnected and sometimes if the router is restarted...
Old 02-16-2012, 06:20 AM

BUMP!
i have the same problem with pro tools 10.0.1, eucon software 2.6.2

PLEASE SOMEBODY CAN RESPOND? thanks
Old 02-16-2012, 09:54 PM

I'm having issues as well. I've tried all kinds of things with the IP to no avail, though using DHCP, via a router, seems to the best for me. The "best," however, equates to around 5 minutes of uptime for my Artist Control, where the "worst" would be failing to connect altogether.

Also, any changes I make to the EuCon preferences (inside System Preferences) won't stick. For example, if I change the settings for RME's Totalmix from HUI to Mackie Control and then restart, it will still show HUI after I boot back up.

I'm using OS X 10.7.3, EuCon 2.6.2, TotalMix 0.963, and Logic 9.1.6
Old 02-20-2012, 09:56 AM

Well more problems today:

Eucontrol recognizes all the 4 devices (after I restart my router - as usual).

Logic Pro starts to load my project, Eucontrol locks on the application and load my layout as it should (as it was saved), then 2 seconds after it unlocks from Logic --> all the layouts are gone, and it wont communicate with Logic anymore.

Seriously mad. I spent 3500$ on this stuff and it just not working at all today.

EDIT: It just doesn't stay locked on Logic at all. I click on the desktop then back on Logic, it loads my layout, then unload it and become unlocked. HELP!

EDIT2: All surfaces firmware are up to date, so is Eucon version and Logic 9 version.

EDIT3: OK, again a reboot did the trick. Why the hell did it? I have no idea. I need to reboot the router/modem a few times until all the 4 devices are recognized (again no idea why, supposedly a "bad router"), then I have to reboot Os X because it's somehow messing with the Logic-Eucontrol connection after a router/modem reboot, only then will it work.

It will just waste 20 minutes of my time every day... Until AVID does something about this.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:15 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xill View Post
Well more problems today:

Eucontrol recognizes all the 4 devices (after I restart my router - as usual).

Logic Pro starts to load my project, Eucontrol locks on the application and load my layout as it should (as it was saved), then 2 seconds after it unlocks from Logic --> all the layouts are gone, and it wont communicate with Logic anymore.

Seriously mad. I spent 3500$ on this stuff and it just not working at all today.

EDIT: It just doesn't stay locked on Logic at all. I click on the desktop then back on Logic, it loads my layout, then unload it and become unlocked. HELP!

EDIT2: All surfaces firmware are up to date, so is Eucon version and Logic 9 version.

EDIT3: OK, again a reboot did the trick. Why the hell did it? I have no idea. I need to reboot the router/modem a few times until all the 4 devices are recognized (again no idea why, supposedly a "bad router"), then I have to reboot Os X because it's somehow messing with the Logic-Eucontrol connection after a router/modem reboot, only then will it work.

It will just waste 20 minutes of my time every day... Until AVID does something about this.
Xill,

If it worked with the current software and firmware
and stopped working recently
What else changed on your system?

This is not a known issue in shipping software.

JC
Old 03-01-2012, 02:53 PM

Jc Hayden... For real?

You've never heard people say this?

The number of times I've turned on my computer and eucontrol doesn't work properly without anything having changed on my comp from the day before is staggering. Loads of people have this problem. It's totally arbitrary as to what stops working. Sometimes I get two eucontrols firing up-- with neither seeing my controllers. Loads of times it just doesn't see them. Other times it does but protools or logic wont rcognize them. It's by far the single biggest problem with my gear. And god forbid I unplug them to use my Internet then try to plug them back in again afterwards. That's like a 20 minute battle trying to get my computer to see them again.

Nothing changes on my computer that causes this. Well nothing on my end anyway. No new programs. No new updates. It just happens one in 3 times maybe out of the blue. We can't be the only ones.
Old 03-01-2012, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by affluence View Post
Jc Hayden... For real?

You've never heard people say this?

The number of times I've turned on my computer and eucontrol doesn't work properly without anything having changed on my comp from the day before is staggering. Loads of people have this problem. It's totally arbitrary as to what stops working. Sometimes I get two eucontrols firing up-- with neither seeing my controllers. Loads of times it just doesn't see them. Other times it does but protools or logic wont rcognize them. It's by far the single biggest problem with my gear. And god forbid I unplug them to use my Internet then try to plug them back in again afterwards. That's like a 20 minute battle trying to get my computer to see them again.

Nothing changes on my computer that causes this. Well nothing on my end anyway. No new programs. No new updates. It just happens one in 3 times maybe out of the blue. We can't be the only ones.
You've described the issue perfectly.

Haydon, it isn't that my system has changed, it's that I started to shut down my computer at night. When I left the modem/router running for months without touching it things worked, but if I unplug a single wire or restart it I have to restart the computer to get Eucon working.

The problem is that modem also takes multiple restarts to function with all the 4 Eucon devices, usually only 3 work and it takes 1 or 2 restarts to get it to detect all 4 devices then I have to restart the computer again. Taking this into consideration it can take from 15 to 25 minutes of my time until I can get everything going.

It took me a while to understand this, and when I purchased new Eucon device I always ad problem to get it going (and thought the equipment was faulty) because your manual/drivers say nothing precise about having to restart the modem and then the computer.

I am still unsure if it's an Apple or Eucon problem, or a combination of problems.

Perhaps AVID could recommend us exactly what router/modem to use (is there a particular brand you use in your studios?).