Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid Pro Mixing General Discussion

Old 02-15-2018, 09:35 AM

Default Stereo Mix track to DCP

Hi,

For my student exercise documentary film project, I had to mix in stereo. After the grading was done in a post facility in Mumbai, they made the DCP using Qube software. Due to a subtitle issue we had to re-do the DCP. We used DCP o matic and the same stereo Mix. But the two DCPs sounded different when played back!

So I converted the audio MXF in the two DCPs into WAV using FFMPEG. To my surprise, the DCP from the post facility had made a mono version of the stereo mix and had the same mono track on the L, C, and R tracks. The Ls, Rs and LFE were empty.

So I went back and checked the DCP they had made for our previous project (this was also a stereo Mix), this time only the Ls and Rs were empty. L, C, R and LFE had some content in it!!

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this.. Do you verify the audio after the DCP is made, in any way other than listening?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Old 02-15-2018, 11:52 AM

Default Re: Stereo Mix track to DCP

I'd ask this in the Post Production subsection and not here.

Sounds like the post facility screwed up. Traditionally, we'd do a quality control listen. Things like this are also obvious on a surround lissajous meter.
Old 02-15-2018, 06:05 PM

Default Re: Stereo Mix track to DCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
I'd ask this in the Post Production subsection and not here.
Oh.. Sorry about that..

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk