Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2010, 03:17 AM

Default 2 Very Annoying Problems

***Ok, so since no one has any answers for me, i was able to figure the second problem out by upgrading to MPTK2 for $50. I think even though MPTK says it works for 7.4 and 8, it doesn't really like 8 very well. $50 and I upgraded to MPTK2 - or rather am upgrading right now. Downloading it - 3gb should fix that problem. Still really frustrated about #1 below.

Hi,

So I am running 8.0.3cs1 on Win7-64 - LOVE IT! Love how stable it is and it just works wonders. Except for 2 problems.

1. It does not allow me to simply drag a midi file from Windows Explorer onto a Midi track. Sometimes I can drag a few and then it stops. What happens is the program freezes for few seconds and then when it comes back every time I drag a midi file onto the PT's screen I get the circle with a line through it icon. It's not consistent where it occurs every time. Sometimes if I close down session and PT's, delete all the things to delete and reopen it fails the very first file I try and drag. Other times it let's me drag 2 or 3 before it happens. Very annoying and very much a pain in the butt. I use a ton of midi.

2. I have owned and used Music Production Toolkit for a long time and for many of the previous versions of PT's but the updated version doesn't like PT's 8. After I install it PT's fails to open. The loading screen appears but goes no further.

This is important because the materials I am building can have as many as 64 stereo audio tracks and so I need as many as I can get. At least MPTK expanded my usable tracks.

I am under a terrible time crunch, working 18 hour days and not being able to use Max Stereo Tracks is really costing me a lot of time.

Please help!

Last edited by kfoody; 01-31-2010 at 01:43 PM. Reason: fixed part of the problem