How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2013, 04:44 AM

Default Problems with SC 48

Hi

I own the desk for 3 years and never had problems. I love working with the SC48, but for two months when I turn it on, I shudder thinking it may fail. Every time I turn it on, a new bug apears. Here is a list:

- The desk turns on by itself when I plug the power plug to AC (without using the "power" button on rear desk).

- The date and time is always incorrect (even if I change it, when I turn off/on the desk, the date/time goes incorrect)

- I lose my master fader!!! It stucks at -inf , and a messages comes at screen (something like "have you anything on faders way?") and I cannot move it.After aprox 30 sec, it comes alive alone.

This last bug makes me "MASTER" the show through matrix (feeded pre master from LR), so I didn´t rely on faders movements

Any idea or help??

Thanks
Old 04-09-2013, 06:27 AM

Default Re: Problems with SC 48

Some guesses here:

Quote:
- The desk turns on by itself when I plug the power plug to AC (without using the "power" button on rear desk).
Do you have/use an USB-Hub? what you described looks like an Bad USB-Hub.

Quote:
- The date and time is always incorrect (even if I change it, when I turn off/on the desk, the date/time goes incorrect)
Maybe an bios battery?

Quote:
I lose my master fader!!! It stucks at -inf , and a messages comes at screen (something like "have you anything on faders way?") and I cannot move it.After aprox 30 sec, it comes alive alone.
Could be a broken fader, waiting for replacement.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:44 AM

-No usb hub conected to the desk
-Bios battery, how can I know is this is the problem.Any internal venue syetem checK??
Old 04-11-2013, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowDissident View Post
Must be a motherboard battery issue.

Quote:
Hi
Could be also because of battery. Usually BIOS has a setting like "state on power on". Because of battery fail this setting could change to something like "on", so system is always starting.

Quote:
- I lose my master fader!!! It stucks at -inf , and a messages comes at screen (something like "have you anything on faders way?") and I cannot move it.After aprox 30 sec, it comes alive alone.
You can try exchanging fader with some other on the console. If it helps, you'll have master working and a knowlgedge of what you need to replace.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:43 AM

Quote:
-No usb hub conected to the desk
-Bios battery, how can I know is this is the problem.Any internal venue syetem checK??
Loosing date is usually a clear sign of battery failure. Battery (must be CR2032, as usual) is quite cheap, so just replace it and check how it goes.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:47 AM

Battery is indeed a CR2032, I just changed mine out.