Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2017, 12:24 PM

Default Graduating student - PT12 EDU annual upgrade plan question

I am currently a student and have a perpetual license for the EDU version of PT12. However, my annual support and upgrade plan just expired at the beginning of April. I plan to renew it before the 30 day grace period is over, but I have a few questions.

1. If I only renew for 1 year, what happens next April when the plan expires again and I can no longer renew it because I have graduated from college and am not a student anymore?

2. At that time, will I need to upgrade to the full version in order to renew the upgrade plan? If so, how much does that cost? If not, how do I then renew the upgrade plan?

3. Does the non-EDU version of the upgrade also include support like the EDU version? If not, is that an additional cost?
Old 05-06-2017, 12:05 PM

Default Re: Graduating student - PT12 EDU annual upgrade plan question

Sorry that you didn't get a reply. I see that you renewed your plan (thanks!). We are working to include renewal options for when a customer no longer qualifies for Edu pricing, so you should eventually see this in your account/product.