Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2011, 09:58 AM

Default audiomidi no brainer

Seems like a good idea for 10 bucks. Does anybody have this? Thoughts?

http://www.audiomidi.com/RP-Delay-No...em_ID=4341061&
Old 07-31-2011, 11:33 AM

Default Re: audiomidi no brainer

I picked it up yesterday. While I have many delays already and didn't really need another, it was $10, the demos seemed interesting, and it was only $10.

I have many delay options, but after looking at what it did, I decided it could be a good addition (especially at $10). I have only had a little bit of time to work with it. So far, again with very little time with it, I like it. So far so good on the delay unit itself. There are some cool things like modulators (LFOs, envelopes, sequencers), but I haven't had much time to play with all of the options available with these.

My only complaints were 1) I just found the "manual" (html manual), which doesn't open they way they say it should (clicking the ? button in the plug-in). I finally did a search of my computer and found the html files for the manual.

And 2) the presets don't seem to be broad enough or maybe named properly. Not a big deal for me, as I tend to setup a delay the way I want it anyway, but its nice when a preset can get you close to what you want and it requires less tweaking. These presets are not named in a way that I could get to a "close" state w/o spending more time going through presets to find one than just dialing it in from scratch.
.: Pro Tools Certified Instructor
.: Pro Tools Expert Certified in Music
Old 08-01-2011, 08:14 AM

Default Re: audiomidi no brainer

Hey thanks! I'll probably go for it. Thanks for the input on Addictive Drums, too!!