Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2013, 03:23 AM

Default mobilepre usb 1st generation mac os 10.8.4

hi there,

i just joined the forum in order to get a confirmation on what seems to be the word out there...

i just bought a new macbook, mac os 10.8.4. I'm gone on tour and i brought along my m-audio mobilepre usb 1st generation sound card to do some recording while i'm away. Except that i can't get it to work completely. i can hear itunes and what has been recorded in my digital performer file (dp 8.04) but i can't hear whatever is coming from the sound card (ex the synth that's coming in). i know the signal is coming in because i see the levels moving on the sound card and in the system preference when i choose the mobilepre usb for "in". But i can't get any sound to come in digital performer (or garage band, i tried that to be sure...). I have tried many of the last drivers to be sure...

I've also seen that Avid has decided to not work on a (new) compatible driver for the mobile pre usb 1st generation for mac os 10.8.4. Is this true?

If anyone has info on this, that would be great, thank you!

js
Old 09-16-2013, 10:20 AM

Default Re: mobilepre usb 1st generation mac os 10.8.4

I got the 1.8.1 download, installed it. connected MobilePre USB. Went into system preferences and selected MobilePre USB as input/output. Clicked on the "M-Audio MobliePre USB" icon under "other" in system preferences. Set my levels and was good to go!

Gary