How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2019, 04:32 PM

Default Re: no DSP plugins in PT HD 12.5.1

Great progress, but...

Wait, so you never actually properly uninstalled the HD Driver??? That was the main suspect from the get-go!

The HD uninstaller should be in the HD driver .dmg that you download from your Avid Account, has been in the past, I don't have a recent driver .dmg with me.

I would try to do the proper uninstall, all the stuff I mentioned before, if not then presumably you can clone the disk that works.

I had also asked a favor of support could contact you so that may happen. If you already have a case open post the number here.
Old 05-10-2019, 05:22 PM

There's no HD uninstaller inside the HD driver. Only the installer.

I agree with you but there's no way to properly uninstall the HD driver.

See attached pix.

Thanks for the help with tech support. I had a case number but avid closed this morning as I don't have a support plan.

Your case number 03700821: PT HD with HDX running as Native only is now closed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Great progress, but...

Wait, so you never actually properly uninstalled the HD Driver??? That was the main suspect from the get-go!

The HD uninstaller should be in the HD driver .dmg that you download from your Avid Account, has been in the past, I don't have a recent driver .dmg with me.

I would try to do the proper uninstall, all the stuff I mentioned before, if not then presumably you can clone the disk that works.

I had also asked a favor of support could contact you so that may happen. If you already have a case open post the number here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0858.JPG (85.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-14-2019, 10:07 AM

""Update"

I was able to fix the problem by going inside all avid and deleting what I think was the audio driver and also trashing pro tools and re-installing it.

DSP is now working and that weird page in the playback engine is now gone.

Thank you all for your help and suggestions.

Louis