Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Old 08-17-2013, 05:44 PM

Default Adding Reverb to new Channel Strip???

I made a new Template & would like to add Reverb, Delay & Chorus to each Channel Strip.

I went to Bus, & added Reverb St. but didn't get any Reverb? Same thing happened with Delay & Chorus?

What is the best way to do this?

Also, How do I delete an unwanted Effect's from Channel Strip?

Thanks,

Lars
Old 08-17-2013, 06:33 PM

Default Re: Adding Reverb to new Channel Strip???

Quote:
Originally Posted by larsongs View Post
I made a new Template & would like to add Reverb, Delay & Chorus to each Channel Strip.

I went to Bus, & added Reverb St. but didn't get any Reverb? Same thing happened with Delay & Chorus?

What is the best way to do this?

Also, How do I delete an unwanted Effect's from Channel Strip?

Thanks,

Lars
By channel strip do you mean track? For delay and chorus you could add those as individual inserts. Reverb can be either an insert or better yet as a send. For reverb as a send you click on a send slot and select either an unused bus pair or new track. If you use bus pair remember what pair you picked, insert an aux track whose input will be that bus pair you just picked. On that aux track insert the reverb of your choice. Use the send level fader for the send that you have for the reverb to control the amount of signal going to the reverb. Make sure you set the mix control on said reverb to full wet (100 %). If you select new track instead of a bus the routing for that send is taken care of. Name the new track something like reverb. You can 'send' additional tracks to that reverb so they're all in the same space.

Or do you mean channel strip as in the Avid one that has eq, compression, etc.? If so you can't add effects to that - that would have to be handled as separate inserts for the track in question.

QAPLA!
Old 08-17-2013, 06:42 PM

I want Reverb, Delay & Chorus on each individual Track. How can I do that?

Thanks,

Lars
Old 08-17-2013, 07:54 PM

Quote:
I want Reverb, Delay & Chorus on each individual Track. How can I do that?

Thanks,

Lars
Hi, sorry you're having trouble with this. If you could, please explain exactly what you're trying to do and what results you are trying to achieve. Musicman explained the process for a typical effects setup, but you should also read the sections in the Reference Manual for Auxiliary Input Tracks and Signal Flow in the Mixing section as well as Inserting Plugins on Tracks under Plug-In and Hardware Inserts. I would also highly recommend checking out some of the tutorials on YouTube that will show you how to do this.

Chris

Chris
Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P / i7 6700K 4.1 GHz / 32GB Crucial DDR4
macOS High Sierra Version 10.13.6
Pro Tools HD 2019.6
Old 08-17-2013, 08:01 PM

Oh larsongs,

Jack has basically answered your question for you. Here's a step by step instruction to do what you require:

1. Open an internet browser
2. In the address bar, type: www.youtube.com
3. Once on YouTube, search for Aux sends

From there you can learn all sorts of uses for Aux tracks everything from creating sub-groups to using them for effects.

I personally enjoy the tutorials from Puremixtutorials.com or Recordingrevolution.com. I like Ben's style from Puremix, so I tend to lean towards those.

Check this out, if you don't want to do any leg work (as I know from your previous posts)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CwyO_9Az_Q

That will explain how to set up submixes and effects ( explination starts at 3min40secs).

I'll look forward to your positive response for assisting you once again.
MBP 15" High Sierra 10.13.3, i7 2.6Ghz, 8Gb DDR, 750Gb 7200rpm, PT 2018.10, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Octopre MkII, Glyph GPT50, Avalon 737sp, AMS Neve 1073's, API 512c, DW drums, Fender Guitars/Amps, AKG, Rode, Sennheiser, Neumann U87 & KM184's, Coles 4038, Equator D5 monitors
Old 08-17-2013, 08:10 PM

I appreciate your feedback but that's not what I'm trying to accomplish.

I've been to the Reference Guide, YouTube & Google. I'm sure the reason I can't find the answers I'm looking for is because I'm not phrasing the questions in proper Computer Lingo. I'm trying. I'm a Musician, not a Computer Tech.

When my Tutor helped Set up my Original Template each individual Channel on the Mixer had Inserts A-E set up with EQ-3 7 Band & D3 ComLim & Sends A-E with Reverb, Delay & Chorus. Does that make sense? I'm not as Computer literate as I'd like to be, hope I'm explaining it right.

Thanks,

Lars
Old 08-18-2013, 03:39 AM

Quote:
I appreciate your feedback but that's not what I'm trying to accomplish.

I've been to the Reference Guide, YouTube & Google. I'm sure the reason I can't find the answers I'm looking for is because I'm not phrasing the questions in proper Computer Lingo. I'm trying. I'm a Musician, not a Computer Tech.

When my Tutor helped Set up my Original Template each individual Channel on the Mixer had Inserts A-E set up with EQ-3 7 Band & D3 ComLim & Sends A-E with Reverb, Delay & Chorus. Does that make sense? I'm not as Computer literate as I'd like to be, hope I'm explaining it right.

Thanks,

Lars
We've told you exactly how to do what you want to do. You just need to take your time when following things. If you don't mind paying some money there's excellent tutorials on Groove3.com - they have PT10 Explained and PT11 Explained that cover what you want. There are also books. Two that are excellent are the PT 10 PT101 course book here: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/pro-...=9781133776550
and this is a little more advanced: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/pro-...=9781133732532
This one is somewheres between the above two books (I've not used it like I have the other two): http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/pro-...=9781133703129

The way I and others have explained is not computer tech or lingo but music tech if you will, it's stuff that has been done for decades in music production, just that now it's on a computer. You're really going to have to learn some of the terminology if you want to do any kind of work in PT. It's the age old story of give a man a fish and you feed him for a meal but if you teach him to fish then you feed him for a lifetime and the latter is what we're trying to do. You're going to have to learn computer tech as that's what you are interacting with in PT - this is not Guitar Hero after all.

QAPLA!
Old 08-18-2013, 04:40 AM

Dude! Aren't you listing? People have been trying to help you. Just open up an insert on a track, pick a chorus or reverb plugin and there you go. Come on man. You need to do so
legwork too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
Fender Strats, Ibanez Acoustic, Ibanez Bass, Ibanez Electric.

http://www.johnackermusic.com/
protools@verizon.net

Live and Let Live
Old 08-18-2013, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinningDisk View Post
Dude! Aren't you listing? People have been trying to help you. Just open up an insert on a track, pick a chorus or reverb plugin and there you go. Come on man. You need to do so
legwork too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
I've tried that about 100 times already Dude. I don't want to add an Aux. Track to accomplish this. There is another way. I know because that is how my Template was set up.

Now I want to make another Template but incorporate the Effects on each Channel like on my Template w/o an Aux. Track & Bus.

I'm finding it very difficult to get help on this Forum w/o attitude. I've admitted several times I'm not a Computer Geek, Nerd, Tech, Guru whatever. I'm a Musician who wants to Record.

Most of you are very cool & helpful. I appreciate it. Thank you.

Those of you with attitude issues go beat your Dog. You're no help to me & I don't need it.

Guess I'll have to go the Aux Track Route for now. I already knew how to do that but was trying to figure out the other way.

Thanks,

Lars
Old 08-18-2013, 10:16 AM

Lars. There's only one person in this thread that has an attitude. The other posters have been helpful. If you can't figure out what they are telling you its not attitude on their part but a lack of knowledge on yours. Just because your a musician doesn't release you from the responsibility of understanding your tools or or how to describe what you want. This is DAW 101 stuff here. I could sugar coat this but I'm not.

There are two ways to do this. By arranging the plugs in series on the individual track by using inserts or by bussing them. Both have been discussed here in depth. The answers are are all here. If you can't figure it out you need to spend some time until you can. Or learn enough to to phrase the question in a way that will get you the answers. You might want to have whoever made your template make a new one.

No one needs to beat their dog when in fact they have tried to help you.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88