Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2012, 11:39 PM

Default PreSonus StudioLive

Any suggestions on how I can get my StudioLive to interact w/ my PT9? For some reason when I move my faders up/down on my console it won't do it on my DAW.. Even though I have all my channels routed correctly & it works on my StudioLive software..

ALSO! I have my output in PT9 routed to channels 15/16 linked in stereo, & i want to be able to MUTE those channels during recording, but when I mute them, I can't hear anything from my headphones, is there anyway to MUTE the main monitors & have the music still playing in the headphones? I have my XLR OUT's L/R to my main monitors, & also the TRS OUT's L/R connected to my headphone amplifier/distributor.. Would appreciate any replys! I'm coming from an MBOXMini so excuse me if this is a NOOBish question..
Old 02-20-2012, 11:43 AM

Default Re: PreSonus StudioLive

Look In The "Peripherals Set Up" In PT To Get Your Board Talking To PT..... Once You Figure That Out...
Set Up A Head Phone Mix Using Bussing In PT.... Assign That Buss To Your Que Mix..... Then, To Your Head Phones On The SL. Hate To Say This, But You Have To Go Read Your Manual.... Then, Figure Out How The Studio Live And PT's Interact...
Old 02-20-2012, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabdickson View Post
Look In The "Peripherals Set Up" In PT To Get Your Board Talking To PT..... Once You Figure That Out...
Set Up A Head Phone Mix Using Bussing In PT.... Assign That Buss To Your Que Mix..... Then, To Your Head Phones On The SL. Hate To Say This, But You Have To Go Read Your Manual.... Then, Figure Out How The Studio Live And PT's Interact...
Thank you for replying, I've gotten my PT9 to start recognizing my ins/outs already & I can already start recording getting a good signal into my computer, however; you mentioned going into Peripherals under Set up, is there any particular steps to go in from there? My friend told me something about setting up a HUI but I wasn't too sure about how to get that set up
Old 02-20-2012, 05:11 PM

According to the thread below, the StudioLive cannot be used as a control surface with Pro Tools, only as an interface.

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=289443

But if it can it will most likely be through HUI emulation, in which case have a look at Setup > Peripherals, go to the MIDI Controllers tab and select "HUI" under "Type". Check if the StudioLive shows up under the "Receive From" and "Send To" menus.

Hope this helps.