Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2011, 07:49 AM

Default Adding my ProTools LE to my Avid.com account

I have owned PT LE8 for one year and it has been nothing but trouble.

I think it is a corrupt installer DVD supplied with my MBox2 and I would like to download a new installer from Avid.com.

I registered my PT when I bought it back in '09 with digidesign and have the registration email and paperwork.

I have just registered with Avid.com but I can't add my PT version to my account so I can't access the appropriate installer downloads. Each time I put in my PT registration numbers it say it is already registered - which it is.....to me!

As Avid support have made themselves untouchable without buying an Avid Support Code, can anyone help me to add my PT to my avid account, as my PT is currently terrible.

Or if anyone at Avid can help I would be very greatful.
Thanks.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:14 AM

Default Re: Adding my ProTools LE to my Avid.com account

You dont need to re-register PT. Everything in your Mydigi account will carry over. At least mine did.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 01-05-2011, 01:11 PM

Thanks for you reply. I never had a Mydigi account, in fact this is the first I've heard of Mydigi. You didn't need to create a Mydigi account to activate the software. So I am stuck with out being able to contact Avid. Any ideas?
Old 01-05-2011, 01:21 PM

according to the MyDigi/ Avid account
Please note: Only products you have purchased from an Avid webstore, or have activated using this site, will appear in this list. Products registered using other sites or methods are not available here.

My suggestion would have been to contact Avid about it , but of course now you can't. It does seem a bit strange that Avid is alienating existing/potential new customers like this. I mean if you bought a micro or m-powered software for 250 of so dollars. It's not worth the cost to buy a support code. I always praised Avid for having the full installers available to it's customers, but they should make it easy for these kind of questions.