Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2009, 01:44 AM

Exclamation Similar posts but cant find answer specific to my problem

Hey everyone, just got the upgrade to LE 8 and I'm using an Mbox 2 Pro...
the thing is i got it to install on my laptop (was a hassle because something went wrong where i had to restore my computer twice but was fine then) and so my problem is this "Flashing or Blinking power LED light on Mbox 2 Pro, during Launch "Unable to locate Digidesign Hardware. Make sure your hardware is connected and turned on. Click OK when the hardware is ready"" which i found the solution to right here at http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...1&itemid=23686 except the solution to that is for low versions of 7.... so my problem is exactly whats stated on their site there except it's happening to me for pro tools 8... what can i do?! worked fine on my old desktop running 7.4 and now on my laptop the power light is blinking yellow and thats it, and running protools i get the device error (also i am running vista if that means anything to someone who could use that information)

please help! and thank you for attempts to help in advance
Old 12-31-2009, 01:47 AM

Default Re: Similar posts but cant find answer specific to my problem

What OS is on your laptop?

[Keybeeetsss]
Every time I see ur name "Gvees", I don't know why but I always start singin, "I-I-I-I-Stayin Alive, Stayin Alive: I-I-I-I-Stayin Aliiiiiveeeeee-Iiiiveeee-Iiiivvveeee-Iiivveeeee"
Old 12-31-2009, 01:53 AM

Windows Vista Home Premium
Service Pack 2
Old 12-31-2009, 02:01 AM

32 bit or 64?

Did you install the latest of the greatest PT 8.0.3? http://digidesign.com/index.cfm?navi...40359&langid=1

[Keybeeetsss]
Every time I see ur name "Gvees", I don't know why but I always start singin, "I-I-I-I-Stayin Alive, Stayin Alive: I-I-I-I-Stayin Aliiiiiveeeeee-Iiiiveeee-Iiiivvveeee-Iiivveeeee"
Old 12-31-2009, 02:05 AM

and no i have not updated to 8.0.3 because i was thinking hey if once it works then ill check out the community and see what all is going on and what should be downloaded, but yikes not working out for me right now, do you think that update may help with my problem?
Old 12-31-2009, 02:09 AM

I do think you need the update.. Make sure to read all that is on the page I gave the link to. It says on the page I gave the link for:
Windows Vista Service Pack 2 (64-bit) – Pro Tools M-Powered Essential only

So I don't think your Mbox will work. You could try installing the latest update and maybe the beta audio driver to see if you can get it to work, but don't expect it to..

Do you have another option? like XP or Win7?

It's a bummer, but Vista 64 bit isn't fully supported yet..

[Keybeeetsss]
Old 12-31-2009, 02:16 AM

ill try getting an update for starters
yeah if totally needed i could prob drop back to xp (which the desktop used to run) or win7 either way because i know a few people with win7 and could prob "borrow"...

anyways ill try an update and wether it works or not, ill post back here, but for now i think im gonna need to get some sleep (2:15 am!!!) unless the update is fast
Old 12-31-2009, 05:01 AM

Win7 can work, with the beta drivers, but remember it's beta, so it might give some hickups and so on.. Check out some of the topics here on win7 if you want to go that road.

XP is a safer choice.. But than. I'm running Win7 64 bit and it's super smooth.. 8.0.3 and the beta drivers..

[Keybeeetsss]
Old 12-31-2009, 07:32 AM

If you want to run it in 64-bit, you will absolutely need that 8.0.3 upgrade. That was the first Digi-approved version for 64-bit platforms.
Old 12-31-2009, 02:32 PM

eek guys, 8.0.3 did nothin for me, still flashing light and protools not registering the device... i guess for now its time for a new OS