Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 02-24-2017, 03:52 AM

Default Re: 12.7.1 - Error List

My mute-sends-shortcut does not work.
Using 'shift+5' to Mute (or unmute) Sends F–J on selected tracks has no reaction.

'shift+4' and 'shift+q' work correct.

Still not working in 12.7.1 and not listed in readme.
Old 02-24-2017, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanrichard View Post
Bashing Avid is not the point. The point is knowing what new problems users are seeing. Quite frankly, every new release has added a list of problems while fixing old ones.
Sometimes it looks like Avid is better in finding new problems than fixing old ones :/
Old 02-24-2017, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Just sayin' that bashing Avid for known bugs is not productive.
Yeah...Fixing those damn bugs would certainly a little more productive.

How long have we had those AVE errors again? Now at version 12.7.1, it just got worse. I still find it ironic that Avid, I mean, "Avid", can't seem to get a video file to work properly in Pro Tools... Avid..makers of "industry standards" Media Composer *and* Pro Tools...

"missing codec"
"waiting for AVE to launch"
"waiting for AVE to quit"
"oops...unrecoverable error, sorry, bye"

It's a joke, really.
Old 02-24-2017, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emcha_audio View Post
No the reason is that there's already ways to report bugs which are more looked into than this forum. Remember this forum is for Users to help each others, most of the threads are not monitored by Avid employees.

You can report your bugs on Idea scale, which is the appropriate place for it.

Pro tools bug reports
Fake News strikes again
Old 02-24-2017, 12:22 PM

I didn't mean for this thread to turn into an Avid bashing page, which I feel is what it has become.

I've never had any issues with Avid, they are a machine i'll give them that. But as a long term Pro Tools user I have learnt that most of the issues I have are user issues. Which relate to the way I have something set up, or not knowing how something works properly. The best answer to most of these issues is reading the user manual and doing a little learning, nine times out of ten this will solve your problem. But on the one chance it doesn't, then something might be up.

I wanted to start this thread to see if anyone was experiencing more than usual AVE hangs and 9173 errors. As my secondary machine was running smoothly, then it wasn't.

** Since reinstalling the correct way, I haven't had any issues and am back to normal.
Old 02-24-2017, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent W. View Post
I didn't mean for this thread to turn into an Avid bashing page, which I feel is what it has become.

I've never had any issues with Avid, they are a machine i'll give them that. But as a long term Pro Tools user I have learnt that most of the issues I have are user issues. Which relate to the way I have something set up, or not knowing how something works properly. The best answer to most of these issues is reading the user manual and doing a little learning, nine times out of ten this will solve your problem. But on the one chance it doesn't, then something might be up.

I wanted to start this thread to see if anyone was experiencing more than usual AVE hangs and 9173 errors. As my secondary machine was running smoothly, then it wasn't.

** Since reinstalling the correct way, I haven't had any issues and am back to normal.
hi trent, i agree, and 3rd party plugin / software issues .. this i see all the time .. but this happens in other DAW's as well ..

john

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS11.6.5 - PT 2021.3
Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro
Old 02-24-2017, 02:22 PM

I installed 12.7.1 today the correct way and video playback is awfull. Have to go back to 12.7. OSX 10.10 here.
Old 02-24-2017, 03:23 PM

TBH, if I were Avid, I don't know that I'd come here very often looking for bugs to squash.

I'd wait for the mods to bump something up to me, after they'd seen a certain percentage of people having the same specific issue on multiple systems. (thanks the gods for the mods...)

The amount of white noise here is awfully high, with people hastily posting about things they consider to be bugs, when at the time, it's just as likely that the problem is specific to their system, or they just plain screwed something up.

A lot of knee jerk reactions and a whole lot of threads started by people who are clearly frustrated and venting, firing off angry missives about 'buggy' or 'broken' software, and then it turns out a simple pref dump solves the problem, or they had an incompatible/out of date plugin, or too little RAM, or one of a hundred other things.

(All due respect to Trent, who clearly wasn't trying to do that)

It's a can of worms we open at least once a week it seems, and the threads end up being 6 or 7 pages of people complaining about problems that might very well be their own fault, and shaking their hands at the heavens and declaring that they've had it and they're switching to some other flavor of DAW (as if PT is the only one with these issues).

Don't get me wrong - Pro Tools has serious issues. Serious. Issues.

My point though, is that we're not doing ourselves any favors by not doing everything we can to be sure that our problem isn't our own fault before blaming 'buggy software' or 'corrupt CEOs'.

It's fine to come here looking for help with a problem - thats what this place is for - but perhaps we could save the 'it's all Avid's fault' for when we really need it.

And again - thank the gods for the mods
RTX 2080ti
64GB DDR5 5200mhz RAM
2 Samsung 980 Pro 1TB SSDs
Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD
LG 34" Ultra-Widescreen monitor
Pro Tools 12.4
A loaf of bread
A stick of butter
A lot of rye whiskey
Old 02-24-2017, 03:35 PM

Leftalive, I agree 100%.
Dell Precision 490 Workstation, dual 4 core 5355 Xeon, 16gb Samsung DDR2 ECC Ram - Windows 7 Ultimate - Nvidia GTX 650 - 3 x Internal WD Blacks - PT 2018.3 - Digi 002R - Original Mackie HUI - 3 screens - JBL Monitoring.
Dell XPS 8700 i7-4790 - 24gb RAM - Windows 10 - Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB with Studio driver 546.01 - 2 x Internal Samsung 860 EVO SSDs, and MSATA card - Davinci Resolve Studio 18.6.4 - 3 screens - Blackmagic Speed Editor - MK1 Presonus Faderport - Canon C100 mk2 - Atomos Ninja 2 - Zoom H2n
Old 02-24-2017, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Bashing Avid is not the point. The point is knowing what new problems users are seeing. Quite frankly, every new release has added a list of problems while fixing old ones.
Quote:
I consider it a terrific idea. I can decide whether or not to upgrade. There have been upgrades that broke as many things as were fixed. At least this way we can choose whether the upgrade is the lesser of two evils, or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwittman View Post
it's helpful to users to see how other users are feeling about a new release before we, potentially, jump to it or not.

And all of this can be achieved by posting the bug and keeping an eye on the bug section of Ideascale. You can even post there and exchange with other users about the said bugs.

Wave-T.com