Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2014, 04:45 PM

Default Not enough processor power

I'm currently running PT8 MP on a Windows 8.1 system. I just started getting an error message that I'm running out of processor power and to get rid of some RTAS plug-ins. Here's the issue, I was working in a session last Friday night and had 0 problems with it. I opened it up to work and it started giving me problems every few minutes. I hadn't added any additional plug-ins since Friday night, but I noticed my computer had a Windows update on Sunday.

Technically, PT8 was intended to run on Windows XP and Vista. I wonder if there is a compatibility issue that anyone knows about. It looks like I'm going to be forced to upgrade to the newest version of PT. Which is fine, I had planned on doing it anyway. But still, it's frustrating. Has anyone else run into this lately?
Old 09-20-2014, 01:36 PM

Default Re: Not enough processor power

Look for this link above:
Help us Help You - READ THIS Before Posting!
Then, give some details. Windows updates should be turned OFF, unless you have a foolproof backup plan. Mine is to image and/or clone my system drive when things are running good.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave