Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2006, 07:42 PM

Default Auto-solo?

I can't find an Auto-Solo function, but I think it must be somwhere
It would automatically solo the currently selected track(s) (plus those in solo-safe, of course).
Old 10-20-2006, 08:37 PM

Default Re: Auto-solo?

I don't think it exists. selecting tracks has too many other functions in a session for setting up, organizing, and routing. If you press solo you will hear the soloed track plus any tacks that are solo isolated.

jim
Old 10-21-2006, 12:39 AM

hi

sorry...what do you mean by 'Auto-Solo'?

Quote:
It would automatically solo the currently selected track(s) (plus those in solo-safe, of course).
what causes it to happen?

they call me The Thread Killer
Old 10-21-2006, 07:13 AM

If I'm reading you right, I think you just want to hold Alt+Shift when soloing the tracks(s). All currently selected tracks will be soloed.

You can also make a group of the selected tracks. Making a bunch of groups is handy because you can click the little icon to the left of the group and it will select all the tracks in the group without turning the group on. You can then shift click other groups to select and deselect there tracks.

Hopefully I read you right,

Ter

I don't know, what d'you think?
Old 10-21-2006, 09:09 PM

All I need is to have a state when the selected (highlited) track is soloed. Without the need to click S(olo) or pressing any other button. Whenever I go up or down with selection (with P or ; keys) the newly selected track gets soloed.
I think it's currently impossible, but would be very usable in many cases.