How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-23-2009, 05:54 PM

Default D-Command and D-Control: Controlling Sound Monitors

I am planing on buying a D-Command or a D-Control in the next months. I wonder if I should get a Crane Song Avocet to control my monitors now or I should just buy a SPL Volume 2 (or SPL 2Control) and then wait until I get the D-Command or D-Control and use it to control the monitors. By the way, I am assuming that both (Command and Control) have a monitor controller(?). Do they? Is it comparable to the Avocet (or Grace Design or Dangerous Music stuff)? If I am going to spend £2300 (pounds!) on the Avocet and then later the D-Control (or D-Command) has it all there may be no point!
Please, you out there with a D-Control or a D-Command, can you comment on your experience with monitor controlling?

Thank you so much!

P.S.: If you would like to make a one line comment on the C|24 monitor section that would be appreciated, as there is 1% of chance of getting it instead of the Icon.