How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2016, 03:53 PM

Default PT10 cannot see Eleven Rack in hardware or Playback Engine

See my signature for my config.

I've had a ton of issues trying to get Pro Tools 10 to open, the Eleven Rack Editor to see the ER, and trying to get PT10 to see the damn thing :
- The Eleven Rack Editor would not connect even though the ER Control Panel could, so i have switched from a USB 3 port to a USB 2 and removed the USB extension i was using, and this let the ER Editor load correctly, but i couldn't be sure...because the window would minimize automatically and i could never open it to see. To fix that, I had to remove all the files in the C / User / AppData / Roaming / Avid / Eleven folder.
- PT 10 opens fine (still warns me about NFTS names being too long) (i do not want to change the name of the System Reserved partition)...never had this problem on any software ever...
...BUT i cannot see the Eleven Rack in the Setup / Hardware or Playback Engine section. Just uninstalled and reinstalled PT10, still no change. Have also reinstalled the ER drivers and Editor.
What is strange is that it opens a window with the ER Editor when i load PT10, and it lets me select the ER when it asks me what sort of project i want to create. When i click in the editor, like 'tuner' for example, the ER reacts accordingly.
--------------
Eleven Rack with latest everything.
Windows 7 Utimate x64
ProTools 10.3.10 (latest)
TC Electronic Impact Twin
A ton of problems.
Old 09-24-2016, 04:58 PM

Default Re: PT10 cannot see Eleven Rack in hardware or Playback Engine

You've run into one of those problems where a USB peripheral won't play nice with USB3 ports on a computer. The iLok2 does it and now apparently so does the 11R. Another one you found is that USB can be a bit finicky when it comes to cable length.

Couple of things to try: make sure any power saving measures for the USB ports are turned off in Windows Control Panel. Make sure your computer is set to never sleep. Third - try another USB cable. They can crap out without warning. Another thing and this is something I've run into on my system (Mac running OSX 10.9.5) is that on bootup my iMac doesn't see my 11R. I have to switch off the 11R and then restart it to get communications back.

QAPLA!