Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 06-13-2012, 02:12 AM

Default "Rig balancing" and "RIG VOL" does not work anymore...

Hello guys,
I have an issue with the "rig vol" and "rig balancing" parameter, it does not affect my volume sound when I move them...

my config is : guitar - true z of elevenrack - from front pannel amp output of 11R - to my amp: fender hot road deluxe on the guitar entry 1 (I have two different entries on this amp entry 1 and 2 that is just to have brighter sound or to plug two guitars nothing special)

However, when I used my rigs at the beginning when I bought the elevenrack it did work, so I do not understand what is going on...? I tried to change the different configs in the menu "output to amp" (press edit for a few sec) with "Rig input", "Amp input", "Amp output" ...etc but it did not influence my volume when I tried to balance my rigs in the menu "rig balancing"...so mybe I changed something somewhere but I don't remember maybe?...

Also another question:
how to use properly cabinet and amp simulations when we have the 11R pluged into a tube amp???
because I read that with tube amps as we already have built in a cabinet (here a 1x12 fender) it is not perfect to send cabinet simulations to the tube amp cos it will give out of phase strange sound coming from the 11R...
and that it is better to use cabinet sim with a PA...

thanks!
Old 06-13-2012, 10:17 AM

Default Re: "Rig balancing" and "RIG VOL" does not work anymore...

Have you tried backing up your patches and then doing a factory reset?

I had another suggestion, but when I checked the manual I saw I was wrong...
Old 06-14-2012, 04:36 AM

hey Moff,

thank you for replying, I know you are busy but still active on the forum it is great to get you support dude!

I think i have no other choices but to reset my 11R...yeah back up my rigs and then reset...

My second question was about using 11R with a combo amp like my fender deluxe hotrod, which is the best method to take benefits from cab simulation of the 11R cos I bought the 11R to emulate new kind of amps and cabinets so I want to take advantage of that but with my combo amp...so how to proceed? what is the best out put to choose etc...?

I read a lot of threads on that but none is talking about taking advantage of the combo amp because most of people buy FRFR monitors or are obliged to plug in a PA or Mixer etc, but how do you do at home with a combo amp???

thank you!
Old 06-20-2012, 01:16 PM

Hi Mitch;

Sorry it took so long to reply...

Regular guitar amps and cabinets (power amps/guitar cabs or combo amps) will have their own speaker sound, so all of the cab sims should be disabled on the output being used. Lots of guys here get great results using their 11R with a power amp and cab, and then micing the cab.

But if you want to take full advantage of the cabinet and mic sims in the 11R, then a flat-response system like FRFR (or your main PA) is really the only way to do it.

The other advantage to using FRFR and the "Full RIG' setting is that the PA and your onstage monitor get the same signal, which means you don't have to figure out how to send one a signal with everything and the other a signal without cabs\mics.