Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2000, 04:34 AM

Default Other Hardware Solutions for Logic Audio?

I am a composer and my primary tool in music is Logic Audio. I was forced into ProTools hardware about three years ago after using an AudioMedia II card and also Emagic's Audiowerk 8 card. They were both disasters with severe latency, noise and automation problems. ProTools hardware worked!

I am very unhappy with the current condition of Logic's TDM. However, ProTools 5 software is virtually unusable as a composition tool. It is really purely a great audio tool. Midi, scoring and ARRANGING features in PT5 rate a one on a scale of one to twenty.

Are there any other hardware solutions that can interface with Logic in a native environment on a G4 without the aforementioned problems that I experienced with non-TDM hardware three years ago? Is ProTools still really the only hardware option without latency issues?

Thanks,

Scott

PS-No I don't want to sync Logic to PT or tranfer final audio tracks from Logic to PT. That's no way to work.

[This message has been edited by relaxo (edited July 29, 2000).]
Old 07-29-2000, 02:26 PM

Default Re: Other Hardware Solutions for Logic Audio?

hopefully emagic will get Logic together sone....
I use Logic with the 888/24's..
also have Pro tools
together they almost make the perfect solution

grey
Old 07-29-2000, 05:59 PM

You could always supercharge a MOTU set up with an Apogee converter AN AD8000 to get the quality up.: with a light pipe card or the new Trac2 which has mic pre amps, or a Rosetta, or a PSX100.

Jules
www.gearslutz.com
Old 07-30-2000, 12:23 AM

Did you take a look at MOTU 2408 System? I am in the same situation as you and a few people have said to look into that system. It does support Logic and it is expandable. It says it is 24/96 but i don't know the audio quality. i have not been able to do a/b each system side by side.Hope this helps some.

Rope