Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2007, 02:03 PM

Default PT7 markers in Shuffle mode-bug?

It used to be that when I extended a selection to include the marker "track" (an annoying workaround since the marker track cannot be included in a group), it would shuffle along with all the other tracks. Has this changed in v7.x? How can I conform my markers to new picture changes? Is this a bug?

And, since we're on the subject...

Can we pleeeeease be able to include the marker track in a group?

Can we have color-coded markers. The marker itself, not the space between markers. It would be nice to be able to distinguish my notes from, say, the director's or another editor's. Is there a way to control the colors of the space between markers as they exist currently, or are they just randomly assigned?

Why can't we "arrow" up to the marker track instead of having to click inside it?

edit: I'm on HD v7.2
Old 03-29-2007, 02:49 PM

Default Re: PT7 markers in Shuffle mode-bug?

Upgrade to 7.3.1. It has new tools in the markers dialog box. I'm not sure they will accomplish what you are trying to do but it does make managing them a little easier. I like your suggestions for improvements. By the way when did you get HD?
Old 03-30-2007, 06:58 PM

Default Re: PT7 markers in Shuffle mode-bug?

I too wish the markers would be made more feature heavy. The features you mention would be great. Also different ways of sorting them would be nice. My workaround is to display the icons in the marker window. Then check off different boxes (i.e., zoom, pre-post roll, track show/hide etc...). Then I can say for example all markers that have the "zoom" icon next to them are markers that I haven't completed yet... ones with the "track show hide" icon next to them are ones that the director wanted handled... etc... This of course has some obvious disadvantages, but is better than nothing...