Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 02-20-2018, 01:02 AM

Default Anywhere i can see my registered Avid Hardware?

Couldn't see anything in the portal, but is there a site that has all the cards and interface's we've registered over the years?
Old 02-20-2018, 02:43 AM

Default Re: Anywhere i can see my registered Avid Hardware?

Not that I have seen, I have consciously asked TS and regional managers to go into my account and add pieces of purchased hardware and software that were missing to my view and Tech Support's view. Then subsequently called to find that info gone again. I have always wondered why when I sign in to my avid account the licenses change and purchases are incomplete. The dates we bought things and the licenses we bought are incomplete and more frustratingly change to suit the companies changing ownership policies. I have lost HD licenses and numerous hardware pieces both on my portal and on the tech support view. I suspect it's a bad and or changing management software back end that tries to train employees to use the latest ownership approach for all clients, old or new. My students are so confused about the policies changing it gives PT a bad name as a DAW. The best example of this is students who bought an academic version of 10, 11 or 12 who were told that for the four years you are in school you get any upgrade we issue. Well all that has been revoked and they all feel extorted to buy the newer 12 versions even with an academic discount. They already bought PT at a premium to lower cost daws. Their ilok and avid.com accounts look different and hard to resolve. Long time pro users should see all the history and evidence of multiple systems and huge hardware investment in the platform. Also software licenses we no longer care about( like older versions that got folded into paid for upgrades) should be hide-able like the track in the pro tools tracks window. I'm sure they would rightly prioritize fixing an obvious DAW software issue than a customer relation software issue. Still it's confusing and feels scary to lose the acknowledgement of purchases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
NomadicWax.com
Old 02-20-2018, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsimmons View Post
Couldn't see anything in the portal, but is there a site that has all the cards and interface's we've registered over the years?
my.avid.com/products only shows software redeemed online. It doesn't show hardware registration. You could start a Registration case if you need to confirm hardware registration.
Old 02-20-2018, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notable View Post
...I have lost HD licenses and numerous hardware pieces both on my portal and on the tech support view...
You should not have lost any licenses, so I can look into this if you want me to get a support case going to get your account info.
Quote:
...My students are so confused about the policies changing it gives PT a bad name as a DAW. The best example of this is students who bought an academic version of 10, 11 or 12 who were told that for the four years you are in school you get any upgrade we issue. Well all that has been revoked...
The 4-years of releases included for EDU ended in April 2013 with v10, it was never included with v11.0/higher. If you have an eligible student that bought 9 or 10 but didn't get their updates please let us know so we can solve that.
Quote:
software licenses we no longer care about( like older versions that got folded into paid for upgrades) should be hide-able
Agreed, and it's on the list.
Old 03-17-2018, 05:07 AM

I have a handful of students on 9, 10 and early eleven who should be on 12. Any version of 12. Some are on financial aid and have no money to do the upgrade AND they stupidly upgraded to maverick or later and they can't even run the old versions, which I confirmed on the compatibility grid. Also, these same kids are now faced with the ram requirement change that went from 8 to 16gigs. This is another burden that really turns them away from pro tools and it's hurts their education and the likelihood they stick with this industry standard. Talk about PT losing its footing... this is the slippery slope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
NomadicWax.com