Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2013, 06:35 AM

Default Re: Let's hear your latest stuff....right here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Wetzel View Post
Hi. I have one of those novice, ignorant but not dumb questions. How do I go about posting some of my work here? I would like some friendly helpful suggestions and critiques. These would be covers which are not for sale and, as I understand it, as long as I credit the composer it's legal. What I'm needing is step by step instructions to do this. Do they need to be MP3's or is CD format doable? Can I just put one in my laptop CD player and do it from there? I told you this would be a novice, ignorant Question. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
Hi Terry

We all have to start somewhere so no question is silly i think. I would suggest setting up an iCloud account its free and the easiest way to post links. With iCloud you up load your song it converts it to a small MP3 file. iCloud then gives you a link which you can post here allowing people to listen to it. The best thing about this is if you upload 5 songs for example they are all in your account so people could listen to them to :). To rip the songs from CD any computer can do that now a days if your on windows use media player. Google iCloud and it will take you through step by step what to do. Hope this helps:)

PT 10.3.10 HD Accel 6, Mac Pro 5.1 12 Core 3.46hz Dual Boot Lion 10.7.5 and Maverick 10.9.5 32GB Ram Magma PE6R4i Chassis
Old 05-18-2013, 12:00 PM

Default Re: Our new track. Need opinion on the sound quality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourtsian View Post
Hello,

We are a Japanese band. We uploaded our first original song on Youtube. Please check it out.

http://youtu.be/Ti0sGwQkGqs

Recorded with 87Ai at home through our Prism Sound Orpheus.
Mixed and mastered in ProTools 10 (by the bass player) , completely in the box!

We would really appreciate your input

Best

Hi, its very good. Should do very well on the charts in Japan. My only critique is the drums are a little buried in the chorus, but are clear in the verses. It will play well with anime graphics too.

Chris

http://soundcloud.com/regenerationmix

http://twitter.com/regenerationmix

MacBook Pro, 2.4GHZ, 16GB, Intel Core i7, Mac OS 10.9.1 128 SSD internal HD, 750 GB Internal HD, Pro Tools 10.3.8, Digidesign 003r, Waves 8.0, Final Cut Pro 7

Last edited by RegenerationMix; 05-20-2013 at 02:03 AM.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:07 AM

Thanks Raoul 23. Just one more issue here. If I post covers and give credit to the original composer, am I legal?
Old 05-22-2013, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Wetzel View Post
Thanks Raoul 23. Just one more issue here. If I post covers and give credit to the original composer, am I legal?
I think if you are not selling it I don't think its a problem but I'm no lawyer

PT 10.3.10 HD Accel 6, Mac Pro 5.1 12 Core 3.46hz Dual Boot Lion 10.7.5 and Maverick 10.9.5 32GB Ram Magma PE6R4i Chassis
Old 05-22-2013, 08:13 AM

Five new songs from my band Cabin 76

https://soundcloud.com/cabin-76

sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Last edited by persuader; 05-22-2013 at 02:02 PM.
Old 05-27-2013, 10:41 AM

The latest EP I tracked and mixed just went live yesterday.

I do a lot more video / sound for picture work then music.
Any notes / comments welcome. Always curious to get feedback!

http://ceaseresist.com/shop/ep/
Old 05-27-2013, 10:54 AM

Nice, I dig Pressure.

Wave-T.com
Old 06-12-2013, 06:50 PM

I've been working exclusively in post for over a decade now, and decided I finally want to do some music as well.
This week the teaser to the first album I ever mixed has been released, the album is soon to follow.
I had a hard time with the mix, because the band has really complex arrangements and the drum recordings sounded horrific. This was a difficult entry into the world of music mixing, it took me several weeks to finish the job.

If anybody likes to comment, I'd love to hear some thoughts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkRX3_KjxAY

BTW. these are snippets of different tracks from the album, separated by sounds which are not part of the music. Some people seem to think this whole teaser is one weird song.

iMac Pro
- MacOS 10.14.6
---
- Pro Tools U HDN 2019.6
- Avid HD Omni + HD I/O 8x8x8
- C|24 | S3 | Dock
Old 06-14-2013, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meads View Post
I've been working exclusively in post for over a decade now, and decided I finally want to do some music as well.
This week the teaser to the first album I ever mixed has been released, the album is soon to follow.
I had a hard time with the mix, because the band has really complex arrangements and the drum recordings sounded horrific. This was a difficult entry into the world of music mixing, it took me several weeks to finish the job.

If anybody likes to comment, I'd love to hear some thoughts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkRX3_KjxAY

BTW. these are snippets of different tracks from the album, separated by sounds which are not part of the music. Some people seem to think this whole teaser is one weird song.
LOL Yea, Atleast I heard that it had to be several different songs and I really think that you got a BIG sound going. I listen to metal and trash aswell and I would buy the album asap Great mixed and Phat sounding giutars and drums in our listening room where we can "crank it up" a bit more LOVE IT

Really good job there Meads
Best regards
Chris

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 06-14-2013, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
LOL Yea, Atleast I heard that it had to be several different songs and I really think that you got a BIG sound going. I listen to metal and trash aswell and I would buy the album asap Great mixed and Phat sounding giutars and drums in our listening room where we can "crank it up" a bit more LOVE IT

Really good job there Meads
Best regards
Chris
Thank you very much, Chris! I didn't get a lot of feedback so far, and I'm really happy to hear that you like the sound.
I replaced all drums with samples (only the cymbals are 'real'), and it took me days to get them to sound the way they do now. I'm sure someone with more experience would have done a better job in less time, but this has been my first attempt working with a drum replacer plugin and samples. This is a whole new world and I guess it takes time sinking into it.

However, thanks again for your positive feedback, and I'm sure the guys wouldn't mind if you bought the album, once it is out.

iMac Pro
- MacOS 10.14.6
---
- Pro Tools U HDN 2019.6
- Avid HD Omni + HD I/O 8x8x8
- C|24 | S3 | Dock