Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2016, 07:14 PM

Default Fun experiment with Track Commit

Because commit makes rendering an audio track so easy, I thought I'd try a little experiment tonight. I wanted to see how various compression plugs affected a track. I used a simple 4/4 kick as the source. I tried different settings with different compression plugs and used commit to render each one. You can really see how each setting and each plugin affects the source material as you have both before and after right there in a snap.

It was fun to compare the same settings with different plugs too. You can both see and hear the subtle differences. Its also fun to see visually what you can hear, especially pushing the attack or release to extremes. Its not something I would have taken the time to do prior to having commit as all the rendering would be a bit tiresome. But with commit, it was a snap.

Just something fun to do and I thought I'd share it.

Old 02-01-2016, 01:50 AM

Default Re: Fun experiment with Track Commit

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldM View Post
Because commit makes rendering an audio track so easy, I thought I'd try a little experiment tonight. I wanted to see how various compression plugs affected a track. I used a simple 4/4 kick as the source. I tried different settings with different compression plugs and used commit to render each one. You can really see how each setting and each plugin affects the source material as you have both before and after right there in a snap.

It was fun to compare the same settings with different plugs too. You can both see and hear the subtle differences. Its also fun to see visually what you can hear, especially pushing the attack or release to extremes. Its not something I would have taken the time to do prior to having commit as all the rendering would be a bit tiresome. But with commit, it was a snap.

Just something fun to do and I thought I'd share it.
+1