Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2014, 08:29 PM

Default Re: ilok

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2224 View Post
I found the ilok.
And there is another reason it is an unrealistic expectation that Avid 'should' replace lost licences.

I wonder how many folks would sell rather than give back the replacement licences to Avid if they found their original.

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 AERO D
CPU: Intel Alder Lake Core i9-12900K
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR5 64GB (2x 32gb 5200MHz)
Drives: 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (Record & Samples)
1 x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (OS Win 11 Pro)

GPU:Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6 PCIE 4
PSU: Corsair HX Series HX850 Platinim
CASE: Fractal Define XL R2
PT 11HD (v11.3.2) Omni s/pdif <> AxeFxIII
HD 96I/O
Old 09-03-2014, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedhed View Post
And there is another reason it is an unrealistic expectation that Avid 'should' replace lost licences.

I wonder how many folks would sell rather than give back the replacement licences to Avid if they found their original.
I don't know who you are, nor do I really care, but No one needs you negatives here, maybe you work for Avid, for your information they would have disable the first one, if they gave a second.
blue ray player
HDX 1, 2 16X16 interfaces
sync I/O.
Old 09-04-2014, 12:09 AM

many of us around here know zed
and he has been a good contributor.

it's very unoriginal, and "negatives" to trot out the "works for avid" card when someone takes a differing side on a subject.

we are all happy you found your ilok and therefore avoided the responsibility- avoiding posts to follow.

but, for our information;
just how would avid, or any vendor disable a license on a lost ilok???
(minus TLC…)
Old 09-04-2014, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elicious View Post
many of us around here know zed
and he has been a good contributor.

it's very unoriginal, and "negatives" to trot out the "works for avid" card when someone takes a differing side on a subject.

we are all happy you found your ilok and therefore avoided the responsibility- avoiding posts to follow.

but, for our information;
just how would avid, or any vendor disable a license on a lost ilok???
(minus TLC…)
Just so you can get over your curiosity, I would have to report the ilok as lost, Ilok would not give me a permanent pro tools licences or any other because I did not have lost and stolen on my ilok,after 2 weeks I would need to get all new licences from the individual vendors.
Hope this helped.
blue ray player
sync I/O.
Old 09-04-2014, 02:00 AM

Quote:
I don't know who you are, nor do I really care, but No one needs you negatives here, maybe you work for Avid, for your information they would have disable the first one, if they gave a second.
if the Ilok is not synched then even if the license was disabled by ilok or avid, the person with the stolen/found Ilok would still be able to use the license up to the point that he would sync the license.

I don't want to be a pain in the butt, but the sole responsibility of safe keeping is to the user. There's zdt and tlc that can be used to make sure that if you lose your license something can be done about it. And also insure your licenses so if ever they get stolen, you can get replacement from the insurance. But in the end it's your responsibility to make sure to keep it safe so it's not lost or stolen. I'm going to go out of the way here and use once again a car analogy, your car gets stolen, and you don't have theft insurance, the car company is certainly not going to give you a new car and the assurance company won't either because you do not have theft insurance. Well it's the same things for licenses.

Wave-T.com
Old 09-04-2014, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Just so you can get over your curiosity, I would have to report the ilok as lost, Ilok would not give me a permanent pro tools licences or any other because I did not have lost and stolen on my ilok,after 2 weeks I would need to get all new licences from the individual vendors.
Hope this helped.
That's why you get TLC and ZDT on all your iLoks. $30 US per year is damn cheap insurance. Can't blame iLok or Avid on this if you don't take advantage of the insurance iLok offers. You might not need it but it's darn good to have when you do need it.

QAPLA!
Old 09-04-2014, 05:40 AM

That also makes your ilok licenses non-permanent, which is why (just for principle) have a deal with my local insurance company.

I do not like the idea that my licenses become time-limited subscriptions. Like an analog console would require a touch by authorized service guy every three months, no way.
Old 09-04-2014, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
That's why you get TLC and ZDT on all your iLoks. $30 US per year is damn cheap insurance. Can't blame iLok or Avid on this if you don't take advantage of the insurance iLok offers. You might not need it but it's darn good to have when you do need it.
I promise I would let this die,, but You my friend are making a lot of assumptions, you have no idea what I have on my ilok,so lets just leave it there.
blue ray player
sync I/O.
Old 09-05-2014, 03:49 AM

Quote:
I promise I would let this die,, but You my friend are making a lot of assumptions, you have no idea what I have on my ilok,so lets just leave it there.
The only assumption I'm making is you care about what's on your iLok enough to protect that. Nothing more, nothing less. Personally I don't care what you have on your iLok; I just offered why it's a good idea to have some kind of insurance in case there are issues.

QAPLA!