How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2012, 09:32 PM

Default Pro Tools 10 doesn't recognize Mbox Pro 3rd Gen Input

Hi,

I just bought a MBox Pro 3rd Gen with Pro Tools 10 and I am having a weird problem, I can clearly see the hardware is correctly detected and in the driver configuration I see the meters moving when I play, and I can even use the tuner.

But when I start Pro Tools it sometimes doesn't find the MBox, but when it can find it and start correctly, I cannot play nor record anything, even though I choose the correct inputs, I can never see the meter moving when I play.

Since it is a bit confusing to explain, I recorded the screen of me trying to make it work http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bn8aH3aMFNw

Some points that I think I must say: The exact same configuration works in another machine with no problem, and I am using a Express Card for the Firewire port (in both cases, the machine that is working, and the one that isn't)

Thanks in advance for your time.
Old 06-26-2012, 03:29 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 10 doesn't recognize Mbox Pro 3rd Gen Input

In Pro tools>Setup>Hardware, is the Mbox the selected audio engine? Have you installed and opened the mix/monitoring software for the Mbox(I don't own one but seem to recall that is where you setup monitoring)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 06-29-2012, 07:30 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 10 doesn't recognize Mbox Pro 3rd Gen Input

Hi, really sorry for the delay in answering, but yes, the Mbox Pro is the only Audio Engine Available, so I can't even change it.

The mix monitoring seems to be working perfectly, as I mentioned before I can see the meters moving when I play and can even use the Tuner (you can clearly see all this in the video I sent)

Thanks very much.