Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24

Old 07-09-2006, 02:27 AM

Default C24 Schematic wanted - Monitor issue....

Hi Team,
Has anyone out these got a schematic for the Control 24 ?
A PDF would be easiest, however I will pay for copying charges and post if you have a paper manual.

I am so disappointed with the monitor section audio path that my play is to design an "Upgraded" board with a significantly quieter signal path.

I have Genele 8050's connected to my C24 and the hiss from them is plainly unacceptable. As soon as I disconnect them, they are silent.
The headphone output is perfectly quiet, so why aren't the monitor outputs.
I have changed the audio board, monitor board and the power suply and have only had a monor improvement.
And don't get me started on the monitor volume control. This is being used as a very low resolution encoder so that a 6 gang (For surround sound) volume control was not necessary.
This results in a stepping of the volume rather than a continuous variation as with a conventional control.
Trying to check mixes at low volume is a joke as I can only choose between step 1 and step 2.
And the volume doesn't go to zero when the control is at zero either..

I have an audio engineering background and would like to do this for me, although I would make the board available to all C24 users if it is financially viable.

For my needs, the C24 is perfect. I just want to be able to use all of it and not have to buy a monitor contorller too.

Not much to ask given the price...

Anyway, rant over.
Anyone help me out with a schematic so I can get started?

Cheers

Lizardpoint
Old 02-12-2008, 09:05 AM

Default Re: C24 Schematic wanted - Monitor issue....

Did you ever find a schematic for the Control 24? I could sure use one too.

Old 02-15-2008, 10:22 AM

No luck I'm afraid.

I think when you become a Digi service agent you have to memorise the schematics of all the equipment.

I'll keep looking though...

Lizardpoint
Old 02-21-2008, 07:14 AM

Oh no... I'm really depressed to hear that digidesign went to all that trouble to dssign a new controller and faltered badly at the last hurdle. I've just got my c|24 up and running only to discover a completely unacceptable hiss in my mackie 824s.
what can i do other than get rid of the console?

HISSterically....!

make good records not war...!

Gwyn
Old 02-21-2008, 06:09 PM

Do you have the Control24, or the new C24? You made reference to both, so just wondering. As to these control surfaces, I currently have (2) Control24's---one in the HD studio at my church and the other in my personal HD studio at home, both rooms have ProTools HD3 Accel systems. Personally, I'm using a Presonus Central Station in both rooms directly out of my DAC. This gives me more routing capability, headphone cue inputs and more input to output references. And well I have to say, a better monitor bus. Plus, everything is available with standard TRS jacks in a single space rackmount.
blyons@gcpro.com
www.theaudioprofessional.com