Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2019, 01:40 PM

Default Re: Falcon 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightWing View Post
Yup! :) Of note is that when you use Standalone OR the VST and get the error it gives you the option to suppress all errors in the future. THAT does not appear to work.

I say give it some time...Avid and UVI will work it out.
The wording is 'discard all errors' at the lower right of the error window that comes up. Says nothing about suppress errors in the future. I believe they mean to just discard errors for that particular use of Falcon. As a matter of fact the Avid provided soundbank does NOT show up in standalone or in any other daw - PT only.

QAPLA!
Old 11-09-2019, 05:23 PM

Looks like Avid fixed it by releasing the FalconAvid 2.0.3 installer.
All seems to work after installing 2.0.3, no more error messages and after a quick scan all presets seem to work.
Now I can get back to work and probably never open Falcon again
Old 11-09-2019, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by digiot View Post
Looks like Avid fixed it by releasing the FalconAvid 2.0.3 installer.
All seems to work after installing 2.0.3, no more error messages and after a quick scan all presets seem to work.
Now I can get back to work and probably never open Falcon again
I don't think that's a full installer, at least what's in my account. The full Falcon 2.0.3 installer for Macs is 884.78 MB in compressed RAR format. I still say there's something weird going on with Avid user accounts.

QAPLA!
Old 11-10-2019, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
The wording is 'discard all errors' at the lower right of the error window that comes up. Says nothing about suppress errors in the future. I believe they mean to just discard errors for that particular use of Falcon. As a matter of fact the Avid provided soundbank does NOT show up in standalone or in any other daw - PT only.
OK. Now just to be clear, this is what shows up when you load F2 2.0.3 Standalone and in Studio One and the "Avid Content" is in the Soundbank directory for use in PT. I had purchased F2 to use in PT as well as Studio One and as a Standalone app. If you PULL the "Avid Content" from the Soundbank location directory all of this goes away. So it seems it's down to either an issue with the Avid supplied content file OR F2 in those two other situations not liking the Avid Content and kicking out the errors. Could be wrong tho. :)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F2-Standalone.jpg (56.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg F2-Studio One.jpg (54.0 KB, 0 views)

www.LightWingStudios.com

Musical Instrument Protection Accessories...Made In America.

Dell Precision T7910, Dual Processors (total 20 Cores), 128GB RAM, 4 @ 2TB SSDs, 1 @ 4TB HDs, Nvidia 2GB Dual Monitor Card, Dual LG 48" TVs used as Monitors, Arturia 88 Midi Controller, Black Lion USB Audio Interface, Mackie HR-828 Monitors, Katana Head, Fishman Triple Play, Win 10 Pro, PT 2023.3 Studio, only the Plugins I NEED, WAY TOO MANY Guitars...and an AMAZING wife!

AxeShield HD, AmpShield HD, KeyShield HD, AxeSak, AxeGlove, AxeCap & PedalShield

Last edited by LightWing; 11-10-2019 at 04:49 AM.
Old 11-10-2019, 06:21 AM

Quote:
I don't think that's a full installer, at least what's in my account. The full Falcon 2.0.3 installer for Macs is 884.78 MB in compressed RAR format. I still say there's something weird going on with Avid user accounts.
It works for me! All I did was download the new installer, installed it over the old 2.0 version and that worked. No more errors and presets load fine. I noticed that there was no Library content in the downloads but I already installed the one that was up when I downloaded 2.0. Maybe they will update the library as well but in the mean time the old one works.
Old 11-10-2019, 07:45 AM

Quote:
OK. Now just to be clear, this is what shows up when you load F2 2.0.3 Standalone and in Studio One and the "Avid Content" is in the Soundbank directory for use in PT. I had purchased F2 to use in PT as well as Studio One and as a Standalone app. If you PULL the "Avid Content" from the Soundbank location directory all of this goes away. So it seems it's down to either an issue with the Avid supplied content file OR F2 in those two other situations not liking the Avid Content and kicking out the errors. Could be wrong tho. :)
There's no issue or problem. The Avid supplied soundbank is only licensed for usage in the Avid supplied Falcon 1/2. It all comes down to what Avid and UVI came to as regards licensing.

QAPLA!
Old 11-10-2019, 09:59 AM

Quote:
There's no issue or problem. The Avid supplied soundbank is only licensed for usage in the Avid supplied Falcon 1/2. It all comes down to what Avid and UVI came to as regards licensing.
EXCEPT that when installed the Avid supplied Soundbank is disrupting the use of the full retail version of F2 as a Standalone app and a competitors DAW from functioning normally by throwing spurious errors. THOSE may very well be the reasons they pulled it from their site for downloading until they figure out how to fix it..

www.LightWingStudios.com

Dell Precision T7910, Dual Processors (total 20 Cores), 128GB RAM, 4 @ 2TB SSDs, 1 @ 4TB HDs, Nvidia 2GB Dual Monitor Card, Dual LG 48" TVs used as Monitors, Arturia 88 Midi Controller, Black Lion USB Audio Interface, Mackie HR-828 Monitors, Katana Head, Fishman Triple Play, Win 10 Pro, PT 2023.3 Studio, only the Plugins I NEED, WAY TOO MANY Guitars...and an AMAZING wife!

AxeShield HD, AmpShield HD, KeyShield HD, AxeSak, AxeGlove, AxeCap & PedalShield
Old 11-10-2019, 11:41 AM

Quote:
EXCEPT that when installed the Avid supplied Soundbank is disrupting the use of the full retail version of F2 as a Standalone app and a competitors DAW from functioning normally by throwing spurious errors. THOSE may very well be the reasons they pulled it from their site for downloading until they figure out how to fix it..
There's nothing to fix because there's nothing broken. Like I said it's all up to the licensing deal Avid and UVI worked out and none of us are privvy to that bit of business. Other than the error message Falcon 2 is functioning just fine.

Just click on the 'discard all errors' and be done with it. Doesn't bother me none.

QAPLA!
Old 11-10-2019, 01:37 PM

Quote:
There's nothing to fix because there's nothing broken. Like I said it's all up to the licensing deal Avid and UVI worked out and none of us are privvy to that bit of business. Other than the error message Falcon 2 is functioning just fine.

Just click on the 'discard all errors' and be done with it. Doesn't bother me none.
Other than the FACT that Avid PULLED its own content file we agree to disagree. BTW, I ran an Integrity Check inside of F2 on the Avid Content file. It failed. :)

www.LightWingStudios.com

Last edited by LightWing; 11-10-2019 at 03:12 PM.
Old 11-10-2019, 03:06 PM

Actually the lack of access to the new 2.0 presets is forcing me to learn the new features in a more in depth way right away. Liking it so far
Closed Thread