Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 03-28-2008, 12:48 PM

Default Re: post your PT feature ideas here...

Don't know if it's been already mentioned... when you cut and paste all tracks can you please (at least have a preference) move your markers at the same time ? Should be simple...
In the same category an "insert" option instead of having to perform multiple cut, paste or shift operations.
Also multiple bounce to disk option (mp3 and wav, etc...)
Old 03-28-2008, 02:53 PM

Lots of nice ideas around!!

Wrote this on another thread..

A concept/thought

"The Pro tools updater"

+From pro tools file menu/ pro tools updater/do you want to scan window box
..scans Pro Tools version and CS updates plus system plug in folders (used and unused)

+Cross references installed software versions with a database

+Pro tools updater window ( OS X software updater style window comes up)
Allowing to download only what you want to update, just like OS..

DONE!

PLUS THE FOLLOWING!

+ELASTIC audio on playlists, only affecting the individual playlist, not all in the same channel, as an option to check before after without having two times the tracks or to switch Elastic audio on/off

+A MONO button on the master fader to sum the output, for mono checks. Or a good spectrum/ frequency/image analyzer with a mono switch as a free digirack plug. (for those times when you just don't have it elsewhere)

+ NOT ESSENTIAL BUT Yes the colour, as much as i like the standard, would be nice to have access to a slightly different theme..
Imagine Black or gun grey channel strips/ with white or silver legend/ silverish faders.. think would be cool

--------------------

+++PLUS...
Auto renumbering markers option so that the numbers match the position. As it is now you can not create main markers then more specific ones in between the already created, nightmare to recall using the numeric Keypad without having to look up the actual marker number.

+Playlists comments different for each.

+Definitely an option for transparent waveform so we can see the grid..

+The possibility of renaming I/Os and Busses from the mix window BUT NOT WITH DOUBLE CLICK!!

+The option of a separate piano roll window for MIDI, perhaps region specific.

+Extra Non Transferrable (so it can not be sold, it's fare!) RTAS license of owned TDM Plugs where possible, for the time when the studio is used by someone else and we do some home work on LE, we most do when not in the studio, and we have to buy two times the same plugs when we could just buy more TDMs.. It's frustrating..
Old 03-29-2008, 10:17 AM

I've been asking for this since early PT6 (perhaps even PT5) to no avail...

The ability, in batch mode, to create seperate (different) fade-in & fade-out times AND shapes.

...there, now Digi can ignore it for another year or two...

Warmest Regards,
Brian
Old 03-29-2008, 02:01 PM

Quote:
I've been asking for this since early PT6 (perhaps even PT5) to no avail...

The ability, in batch mode, to create seperate (different) fade-in & fade-out times AND shapes.

Yes! Amen!
Old 03-30-2008, 04:17 AM

Little Window in Toolbar displaying the chords played on the midi keyboard. Most other DAWs have this. And it is a GREAT tool for the composer.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:05 AM

Some great suggestions here - here's one of mine.

When trading sessions back and forth between studios, it can be frustrating to deal with different I/O setups.

I propose an interface like when you import data from one database to another, essentially mapping the outside session's I/O to the current hardware I/O. Once you define a "map" you can save that map and PT will recognize the map each time it sees sessions from that system (and give you the option to use it or not). This will help with multi room studios that frequently exchange sessions back and forth, and would make my life much easier. Yea!
Old 04-05-2008, 01:04 AM

I dont know if has been said but a talk back button like Digital proformer has would be really helpful.
Old 04-05-2008, 04:08 AM

I would like one Elastic Audio Feature:

" Add Warp Markers to selected Event Marker "

It is very tedious having to double click each and every (second) event marker when in warp mode before the markers appear.

I have found one half work around: Set the analysis according to your wishes then open the quantize window. set strength to 1% and quantize - that will add warp makers to the event makers without really doing anything.
Old 04-05-2008, 07:44 AM

What about 64 Tracks for LE, OMF and MP3 Export included like it is for Cubase, Logic Studio, Sonar, Digital Performer.

www.stratfordtownstudios.com
stratfordtownstudio@gmail.com
Old 04-05-2008, 07:44 AM

What about 64 Tracks for LE, OMF and MP3 Export included like it is for Cubase, Logic Studio, Sonar, Digital Performer.

www.stratfordtownstudios.com
stratfordtownstudio@gmail.com