Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2010, 10:26 PM

Default PC won't read Mt4 Emagic

Hey everybody, I got a quick question here. I have an new PC running on Windows Vista (32-bit). I have an Emagic Mt4 midi interface that is not being recognized on my PC. It shows up as unknown device in the "Device Manager". It worked just fine on an Windows XP(SP2) PC. I have tried updating the driver but that does not work. Also, my PC will not allow me to downgrade to XP so that is out as an answer lol. I am wondering, could it be because the MT4 is a 1.1 usb connection? Could I get an adapter to connect the usb 1.1 to a usb 2.0 converter ? Thoughts and ideas are welcome. Thank you in advance.
Old 06-25-2010, 04:59 PM

Default Re: PC won't read Mt4 Emagic

USB 1.1 devices are fully compatible with USB 2.0 ports. That's definitely not your problem.

The mt4 drivers for PC are old, they probably haven't been updated for PC since logic 5. The downloads on the old emagic site are so old they don't even work on newer versions of OSX. The only way to get current emagic drivers is from a current logic install cd, which is mac only. Since apple bought emagic it's not likely that they will ever make any vista/win7 drivers, but I'm surprised that they don't work with Vista, pretty much every software I had that worked on XP worked on Vista. I would try running the installer as an administrator, not doing that in vista pretty much guarantees that a program won't work.

If a MIDI event triggers a sample of a tree falling and there's no one there to hear it, does it make a sound?